Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Well I knew it would happen. From the time
I put out my Cuddy til Sept 29, bout 2 weeks, I had over 400 pics. Lots of nice bucks, lots of does, and 2 dandy 8 points. Now I got nothin. Was out from daylight til dark a few times, and morning and evening several more. I've hunted all 9 days so far. Only have 23 pics since Sept 30. No deer are around or coming in. I am on a great oak flat/food plot. Any advice would be great. There are alot of deer there, but none coming in now. I keep a jacket that I wear in my stand all the time so they get used to my smell. That has always worked before. HELP!!!!! :censored::banghead::head:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Have been seeing the same thing this week as well. It happened last year also. I usually give it a week and then hit the stands again. I am waiting until Sunday to head out again. Have been going out every eveing after work. Time for a break for them.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On a side note, I hunted at a friends place today. Nice area, nice food plot. He had put alot of work into his locations. Only bad thing is, he had placed all of his stands on walnut trees. Needless to say, I took one heck of a beatin this mornin.:stooges:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
They might have found a more favored food source, persimmons, a different food plot, etc. Give them time they will come back. Maybe some predators or something moved through and pushed them out for a little bit. Don't worry, it happened to me, they'll be back.

·
Registered
227 Posts
they probaly found another food source to hit, or they could be using a diffrent trail. the bucks are pushing each other around right now, maybe your lucky and have a great big un hanging around keeping them ran out. Otherwise I'm afraid your deer herd could have been eradicated by a pack of hungary bigfoots. Better Luck next year

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
I feel your pain!!! I finally got back to the camp...after almost 3 months.......due to buying the house and the Hurricanes.......anyway, 1 camera, was Dead, with ZERO pix...........the other had like 30 pix, and it had a Solar Charger, which was covered in tree sap.....I cleaned the tree sap and could see the battery charge indicator coming back up :up:

On a Brighter note....the one that had zero pix, took over 100 from Thursday to sunday, and the other took close to 100 in the same time frame.......got a few bucks...none look like shooters.....but close, and then lots of does!!!!

And NO Bear:skeptical:

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The Deer are all eating persimmons, when they are all gone they will go back to acorns, when they are all gone feeders..........but remember Deer all ways eat browse (grass) everyday.............:up::whistle:

Hunt for a persimmon tree and take your pick..........:whistle:

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,488 Posts
The Deer are all eating persimmons, when they are all gone they will go back to acorns, when they are all gone feeders..........but remember Deer all ways eat browse (grass) everyday.............:up::whistle:

Hunt for a persimmon tree and take your pick..........:whistle:
So that's the sweet smell been ticklin my nose the last five evenings in a row!:clap::biggrin:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I hunted hard five hunts last week and saw a total of three does. My corn was piled up under the feeder and under a tree on a trail. Had over three hundred photos and 20 one minute videos............................NOT ONE DEER! Now coons, oh yeah, trophy coons by the dozen. My one shot hit a limb and missed a doe at about 40 yards. Between the three of us hunting almost 1000 acres we sighted zero bucks of any kind. So hang in there it surely will get better once the acorns are depleated and the pre-rut begins.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.