Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted on the small game bird hunting, but only got one view; are there any public land around central Arkansas(hour drive from Bryant) that has decent dove hunting?

Never been before, but I'd like something to do before duck season.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like me. My son's a big reason why this will be the first year in three I get to make it to he field. Between work and a baby it's tough to make time or let alone have enough energy for anything else.

He's three now and I took him up winona with me yesterday for a quick afternoon drive/scout.

We didn't leave the roads, but we pulled over and walked the roads a little here and there and he loved it.

We even managed to spot some deer track on the side of one road and I showed him what they were and he seemed to really be enjoying it.

He had his sticks ready, one if each hand using them like walking poles. He kept telling me "shh.. the bear and deer are sleeping"

Best part, when we got home I asked what he wanted to do the next day, and he said " hi ting and fishing." I could have died right there a happy man.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Is steel shot required on a public area? Specifically one of these listed WMA's. I glanced over some regulations but really didn't notice anything requiring it. But I know it is usually required for squirrel hunting. Just wondering but I will likely by some and what I don't shoot I'll use for teal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.