doubt this will work

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by buck n duck, Dec 5, 2012.

1. buck n duck

buck n duck Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Hunting Contest Winner

Ok, first off I doubt this will work but thought I would try anyway. I just recently got a new job and Searcy and would like to learn more about Hurricane WMA since I could probably pull off hunting there during the week before work. I realize there is no water this year and thought it would be a good time to walk around and scout the area and look for low spots that might hold water and ducks when the river is higher. I am not familiar with the area at all and was wondering if someone could PM me a general area to look at and tell me how to get around in a boat. Thanks for any help or let the bashing begin with people just telling me to figure it out on my own.

2. oakfam

oakfam Well-Known Member

For now, until it floods, hunt the lakes. There are about twelve or so. Probably will need a canoe or flat bottom. Usually can do ok, might just spend a morning seeing where all the trucks are parked...Topo map and google earth are good tools, look for timber openings. Hope this helps.

3. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

Ive only been up there twice and during the day and not during duck season, BRING A GPS. It will be easy to get lost if you never been there.

4. DevilDogCruiser

DevilDogCruiser Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

I hear there is only one boat ramp. Is this true?

5. Hud_AthensArcher

Hud_AthensArcher Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

Was that during the Hurricane 500 on race day? Haha. Good times.

6. bullcreekboy

bullcreekboy Well-Known Member

Take a map and go see Kenneth!

7. 44

44 Well-Known Member

Go to agfc.com. Resources. Maps. Wma maps. Voila.