Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some goober forgot his plug I guess this morning he launched and Parked then realized his boat was flooded.
Tried to drive around and let it out to no avail then blocked up the ramp for ten minutes trying to get it on a trailer.

Don't forget your plug

·
Registered
133 Posts
I forgot to unhook the front strap ONCE. I forgot to unhook the back straps ONCE. I forgot to hook up the fuel line ONCE. I have forgotten the plug 25+ times in the last 30 years of having my own boat. I don't get the mental block but as of 2 weeks ago I still have it.

·
Registered
31,131 Posts
I always try to get mine out in the night before if it's really cold. Seems to never fail if I don't, water gets back in there and freezes between the house and the ramp and I've got to waste some coffee to thaw it out :fit:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
We did the same thing one morning at lower vallier. Got there and got in a hurry after seeing how many trucks where there and my buddy who was driving the boat jumped in with tennis shoes on so he could hurry up and get to the gate and we both quickly realized the water in the boat was about 8 inches deep in front of the rear bench. We both ended up with wet arms and he had wet feet before we found the plug.

·
Banned
550 Posts
Yea I appreciated that :fit:
Never forgot to put it in did ya? :biggrin: It's just a habit to tie them on like that. When we bought our pontoon, I went to do the same thing....I was looking all over for a plug hole....got to scratchin my head....finally the light bulb came on....so now I have a spare plug for my Xpress. :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,526 Posts
Haha nice and no I never forgot. It was to convenient to remember it hanging back there! Genius idea.

We should Invent a plug hole that closes when the boat is at a severe elevation, being backed in.

Multi million dollar idea right there :fit:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.