Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and glassed a field last night. Normally, we have almost no mosquitoes up here, so I didnt put on any OFF. I just tucked my pant legs in my boots to keep the ticks and chiggers off me. I had forgot about how much rain we've had this year, especially in the past couple weeks.
The skeeters were relentless! If you're headed to the woods this weekend, do forget to make some extra preparations.

Did see a doe and fawn though. It was tough because she was sitting there staring at me, and I was trying to be still while absolutely being eaten alive!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Skeeters are bad but the black nats are worse here.
I took a scouting trip this morning in some freshly timbered pines and I didn't think I'd make it out alive.
Between flying in my eyes,nose and ears I couldn't even think about watching for the Copperheads :eek::eek:

Bryan

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Is the Thermacell unit effective when you are walking or is it only usefull once you are stationary?
I would say they work when you are walking but you have to have a free arm and hand to hold it out in front of you so you walk into it. But overall not nearly as effective as being stationairy. Wind can also have an affect on the performance of it. Put it on the upwind side of you. Found some spray today that is supposed to work good it's called Repel Permanone. Put it on clothes but not skin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.