Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How upset do people (other hunters) get up here if I were to take my dog out into Ozark NF, Hobbs SP, or the Wedington WMA and try to tree some squirrels and stomp around the woods looking for some bushy tails? I'm curious about any and all times of the hunting season not just January/February

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
In all of my years with the Forest Service, I never heard a complaint about legal dogs during open seasons. Illegal dogs during deer season would raise a lot of complaints and threats to shoot the dogs. But it never happened to my knowledge.
I was up in my tree stand and had a hound track me to my tree and then curl up at the base of the tree and stayed there all morning. I even tried to pee on it, but it would not leave. It was a useless situation. :smack:

·
Super Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
3,133 Posts
Just be considerate of others. I try to keep away from others, and definitely stay away during opening days, or other long awaited days that other hunters covet. Keeps most folks happy.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Just me personally, I would park as far away from another truck as possible, but I wouldn't hesitate to go. Like mentioned, opening days or even opening week of bow season might be a good time to avoid. But that's just me. The last thing I want is a conflict in the woods while I'm trying to enjoy myself. On the other hand, the last thing I would want as a bowhunter would be hearing a couple of currs headed toward my stand :biggrin:
I respect all forms of legal hunting and fishing practices. While I might be irritated that my morning was wasted, I could never be upset with a squirrel hunter for finding me in the woods on accident. If they parked next to my truck and turned the dogs loose in my direction, I would probably be a little upset depending on the circumstance, because that shows a lack of respect for other hunters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.