Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out monday with a friend of mine for a late season rabbit hunt. We had good running all morning didn't kill many though, my pups were packing up and really doing well. when my buddy started hollering at dogs to get back and he was running backwards when all of a sudden this polecat comes out of the thicket it got two of his dogs and one of my pups there plus he got hit also just a little. The skunk took of running and puppies being puppies took of after it don't know how much stink bombs a skunk has but he had enough to stop those pups in thier tracks and put them rubbing dirt. We were a hour and half away from home we rode with the windows down on the way back andevery time we stopped it was really overwhelming in the cab. we got a few strange looks when we stopped and ate a late lunch. I hope those pups learn to leave those critters alone

·
Registered
70 Posts
I feel your pain. My dog got sprayed once and she stunk for 3 months. Let me tell you, tomato juice doesn't work.:smack:

·
Registered
636 Posts
I know skunks are bad but my old chocolate lab used to run on the beach and roll all over dead, rotten seals, whales and walrusses and such. I honestly believe I would take the skunk to the time she crawled around inside one of those things it was too rotted to tell which it was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts