Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on channel 11 KTHV's site.. Looks like somebody was just cruel!!!!!!!

LSU Vets Remove Arrowhead From Arkansas Dog

E-mail This Article

A dog which had carried a steel-tipped arrowhead in its muzzle since it was shot in September returned to Arkansas Friday, after surgery to remove the arrowhead.

Ginger Guttner, spokeswoman for the LSU School of Veterinary Medicine, says the hunting arrow had hit the underside of the animal's muzzle and lodged with its tip near his eye.

Guttner says the dog, a mutt named Lucky Jack, couldn't open its mouth all the way but was still able to eat.

The dog was shot near Jessieville, Arkansas. The owners couldn't pay for its care and gave it to Dr. Bob Zepecki, owner of the All Pet Center in Hot Springs Village. He raised money for the operation at LSU.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Lindsey Clark, Online Producer
Created: 2/8/2008 3:16:10 PM
Updated: 2/8/2008 3:17:06 PM

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Does any know this Dr. Bob Zepecki?
If he is the same guy I'm thinking of he is not even supposed to be practicing anywhere in Arkansas casuse he was stripped of all his licenses.

·
Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br
11,495 Posts
Yea that is all we need is another black mark against hunters. :censored:
Your right, but a real honest to God, true hunter/outdoorsman wouldn't have done something like that, I'd almost bet that it was some teenagers or slobhunters.:mad: Too bad that others won't see it that way. :mad:

·
Banned
6,919 Posts
What chaps my arse is the fact that people would donate money to fix a stupid mutt before they give money to help tornado victims, or someone who needs help.

Another thing that hacks me off is the fact that this is even considered newsworthy.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Your right, but a real honest to God, true hunter/outdoorsman wouldn't have done something like that, I'd almost bet that it was some teenagers or slobhunters.:mad: Too bad that others won't see it that way. :mad:
From what I read on this forum, could have been a hunter, land owner, protecting their property rights. Several on here have encouraged this form of behavior.

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,524 Posts
For all we know that dog might of bit someones child, so he was shot. This story sure isn't news worthy.

The only problem I see was poor shot placement from a rookie

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
53,799 Posts
I didn't see no picture!! Until I see a picture, I won't believe it....for all I know, the dog might've picked the arrow up in his mouth and took off running with it. Ya cannot just arbitrarily say somebody shot a dog in the mouth with a bow and arrow. That'd be difficult to do, even for robinhood!:smack:

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
53,799 Posts
All I know is, I had a black lab named Bear, who was watching me burn a bunch of pine limbs after an ice storm....one by one I threw them into the fire, and I'd sit awhile in a lawn chair beside my son James, in another lawn chair. All of a sudden I heard James say "Look out dad" and when I looked up, Bear had a 3" diameter pine limb about 5" long, and was trying to run away with it, and he went between our chairs at about 45 miles and hour....the resulting crash left me and James on our butts, and Bear with a couple of loose teeth!:wink:

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
wow. so it is ok to put an arrow in the muzzle of someone else's dog now huh? this is the type of thing that people will use against hunters. i have 2 black labs and if i ever find an arrow in one of them the shooter better hope i never find them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts