Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
41,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont guess its actually a scam but it doesnt seem right to me.

I feed Purina (Hi Pro) but I noticed in Wal Mart the other day that Purina Dog Chow is about the same price it has been except that the bag is 44.1 lbs. instead of 50 or 55 lbs. :mad:

Have you noticed any other dog food companies doing the same thing or is it just them?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
It's not just dog food. I read it or saw it on tv a few weeks ago that we are going to start seeing that in a lot of products. It is to off set the high fuel cost. They do it this way so you feel better about them not raising the price.

·
Administrator
41,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wife has said the same thing about groceries.

If youre still buying Purina Dog Chow (they havent changed the others that I know of) in 50 lb bags you better get all of it you can possum.

I think I paid $18.62 for 50 lbs of Hi Pro at Sam's but that was a week and a half ago. They might have already gone to the smaller bag in it by now for all I know.

I fed Ol Roy years ago and had pretty good luck with it. If things keep going like theyre going Im either gonna find something cheaper or sell some dogs.

·
Grand Member
15,439 Posts
Wal-Mart has done this for years, fishing line has always had 275 yards on a Wal-Mart spool of Triline, Bass Pro and others had 325 yards on the ones they sold, looked the same if you didn't read the label.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
There will be a line when packaging costs more for smaller bags actually cost more than for larger bags.. I know it doesn make alot of since but it becomes expenisve to pack something down into smaller sizes and most of the time it slows down the line speed. There for longer the through putt of the lines.

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,644 Posts
Been going on for years. One of the first products I noticed this with was ice cream. Very few ice cream makers actually sell "half-gallon" cartons any more. Most are a bit under.

Toilet paper was another one I noticed years ago - fewer sheets/less sq. feet. Then they started selling "Big Rolls" that were actually the size of the old standard roll - at a higher price.

And since then, many other products have gone to down-sized containers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.