Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do yall ever see this? Look at the times on the pics.

·
Registered
579 Posts
They're in the same pic but I don't think they"re together. Not yet anyway because we know where coy dogs come from.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Notice how the fur on the yote is standing and how his tail is postured, I doubt they are together. They may be co existing and tolerating each other. Stranger things have happened so it is possible.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Judging by the back end and ears of the dog it looks like it has pit in it. That'd be a tough opponent for a yote. It'd be strength versus pure crazy lol.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I can tell you that fight would not last long, we hunt pigs with pits and one night came across a yote that would not back down from one of the bay dogs I cut the pit lose he made quick work of that yote…

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
My wife's family has land in TN and they have seen coyotes and dogs play in the pasture. I was told last time we went over to hunt "DO NOT SHOOT ANY OF THE COYOTES". For some strange reason they think these coyotes are now friends with the dogs and now leave the cows alone. This is my wife's grandma who is in her 90's so I can't argue with her :)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Some people called me a while back to hunt and said 5 coyotes came into their yard to play with their dog on a regular basis...the same great pyranese that was supposed to protect their goats. They befriended the dog and then started killing the goats and the dog wouldn't try to stop them. Tell me coyotes aren't smart...I love when people say "Oh coyotes should be easy to hunt. They are just stupid dogs" I just sit back and laugh and say yeah, you have no clue at all. They adapt and overcome. If they can befriend a dog for an easy meal, they will do it. If the dog gets in their way, they'll just kill it and keep on keepin on.

·
Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye
17,182 Posts
I'd like to see that fight :)
I got to hear a fight between my feist and a coyote yesterday morning when my pup caught the yote hanging around his feeder. It didn't sound too good for my dog tho. He got a couple little wounds and some scratches. He did manage to run him off tho. :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts