Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm guessing she's not in much pain if it's been long enough to graft around it.

An infection initially could have taken her down, but looks like she was strong enough to get better.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
Looks like a crossbow bolt...I blew it up 800x and couldn't find a broadhead on the arrow......??

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I think me and John both only saw that first picture, and from the angle it does look like a bolt. But the other pics (I just now found those) shows it to be an arrow. That's gotta be annoying!

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
I think I would get the local game warden to come out and put that deer down. This is the kind of anti-hunting ammo that PETA and the Humane Society needs. It sure does not need to be on the INTERNET. :frown:

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,642 Posts
Way too long for a crossbow bolt. Also looks like a standard knock, not a half-moot nor flat one.

My guess is that the doe might have turned her head or jumped at the shot?

Looks like a crossbow bolt...I blew it up 800x and couldn't find a broadhead on the arrow......??

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
I think I would get the local game warden to come out and put that deer down. This is the kind of anti-hunting ammo that PETA and the Humane Society needs. It sure does not need to be on the INTERNET. :frown:
I don't think she would have to be put down. I think if the arrow were removed she would be fine. Heck except for an arrow sticking out of her head she looks healthy.:smack: FAMOUS LAST WORDS

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
OK, I've looked at the picture(s) again, and I've come to conclusion its one of those Steve Martin arrow-through-the-head gags! Best one I've ever seen...:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts