Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,652 Posts
Limits:
Seasonal Statewide Bag Limit:*Six deer, no more than two legal bucks.
Zone Limit:*Four deer, no more than two legal bucks. No more than two legal bucks and up to two does may be taken during*muzzleloader and modern gun seasons*combined. Bucks and does may*be taken. No dogs.
This the Christmas hunt if you live in a 3 deer zone it's only one doe.

·
Registered
14,652 Posts
More:
Bowhunters may harvest deer according to*archery limits during open firearms seasons, but must wear hunter orange.*
Here the bow hunting reg for firearm season! All from GF.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I think you can only kill a doe in modern gun season with a bow if it is legal to kill a doe with a rifle. If it's bucks only during the Christmas hunt with modern gun, then it's bucks only with a bow.

·
Ultimate Member
32,306 Posts
its in the reg book that with a BOW you can harvest a deer according to archery limits. I just called the game and fish and asked them. They said the same thing the book said. :thumb: so it IS LEGAL to harvest a doe WITH A BOW during the christmas hunt but NOT WITH A GUN.

·
Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner
10,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really don't understand why folks will not read the regs for themselves.
I was reading it from the APP on my phone and the part I read said bucks only during the Christmas hunt. I had remember reading that you could kill doe with a bow during modern gun season...but didn't know if the special Christmas hunt was the same. So I did read them...just needed some clarification...if that's ok with you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.