Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought one 2 months ago,my arrows are almost up to fletching. i shoot about 10 to 15 shots a day,thats about 900 shots, they say you can shoot it 12,000 times.i am not to impressed with it,my buddies older one was alot better,i think they changed the foam.if you had a bunch buddies shootin at it it wouldnt last long.

·
Registered
703 Posts
The block is great for shooting field tips at. They will not last long with broad heads. There are alot of better targets for broad heads. I shot mine all summer with field tips and didnt have alot of problems. As soon as I started shooting it with broad heads it went down hill real fast.

·
Registered
635 Posts
i have one of the blocks and they wear out too fast. Believe it or not, walmart has a 4 sided block type target that is pretty impressive. I shot at one the other day and I really think that for the money, it is a whole lot better target and cheaper too.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have only shot feild points in mine,i use my old walmart one for broadheads.i might try a morrell they have a bh&fp targets for 85 bucks.my buddies got a bag target by morrell he just put a new cover on ,we have shot the heck out of,its a field point bag.good target.:razz:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Buy a Rhinehart and you'll thank me . I have one and its been outside now for 5 years I shoot 30 - 45 minutes everyday broadheads, fieldpoints you name it it'll take it .:up: Easy arrow removal I don't care how much they say that about the others I have used them (hunting buddy has one as well as my brother)and then I (we) shoot mine, they say the same thing.Rhinehart is easy the others aren't so easy

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I agree with Earnhardt fan #1 Rhinehart is the way to go for broadheads. The 18 in 1 will outlast the Block by a 4 to 1 margin. I have both.

I don't even like the block for field points. A great big Morrell's range bag is cheaper, lasts longer and gives your more room to shoot at different spots.

hd

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
Gander Mountain has one for $29 that is just the same
Better check it close, I heard that it was a little bitty thing.

I have a cabelas layer target. It is OK. lasted about 4 or 5 years, but I don't shoot it every day, I put it in the truck and shoot a few arrows in it during my lunch break. It's worth the $40, but I wouldn't pay the block price.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the original block, and it seems like a better broadhead target than feildpoint target. I bought the block thinking I would use it for broadheads and feildpoints, but I think I'll purchase a bag before this next summer , mainly just for the easier arrow removal.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Here's a tip.... if you're getting pass throughs put a couple ratchet straps around it and crank 'em down tight. That's what I've done to my block target and I use it for shooting broadheads now. When I start getting close to pass throughs I ratchet it down a little more.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The Block = Rage Broadheads, ergo, the high price is directly related to the marketing behind the product.

The Block is a joke that will only take a few pokes.

I won't buy another.

·
Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi
9,131 Posts
Blocks are junk! Bought one in August and its already worn out. They claim 12,000 shots without a pass thru. More like 120 shots! I wont be wasting my money on another one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.