Arkansas Hunting banner

Do you like the 10 day split or should the weeks be combined together?

• I like the split

Votes: 52 54.2%
  • I like it combined together.

Votes: 44 45.8%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Thanksgiven being on the 27th instead of the 22nd like last year, we have a 10 day split in Gun Season. Its the same amount of days, but they are split longer and this also is during the primary rut for most areas.

·
Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye
17,183 Posts
I like it better with the split so I can go back to work and get some rest for a few days.:biggrin:

·
Banned
6,919 Posts
I reckon I dont care.
Im a shift worker, and can only hunt when Im off anyway.
Weekends mean nothing to me, nor do holidays.
No issue here.

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
I like it better with the split so I can go back to work and get some rest for a few days.:biggrin:
I'll bet the deer like it too:biggrin:

Seriously if it gets put together they'll just want it put back next year:smack:

Also the season would end two weeks earlier and then you guys would really be crying

Can someone say whambulance

·
Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
11,017 Posts
Seriously if it gets put together they'll just want it put back next year:smack:

Also the season would end two weeks earlier and then you guys would really be crying

Efan are you basing this that there is only a certain number of days available for us to hunt each year? And who are you guys, gun hunters?

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Hey Efan...man don't leave...I am interested in an interpretation to some of your posts...also....:thumb:

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Okay guys I'm in for a bit.......

If you take the split out this year you have just increased the gun season length by ten days knowing full well that they are/will take those ten days off the end there for closing gun season in the northern regions/zones on the 30th of november and not let it run to the 7th like they have planned to do so and like it has been in the past.
Some of us are thinking about it too much and its blowing our minds its been laid out fairly simple now for years as to when it'll open and when it'll close.

The southern zones don't have this problem us northern zone hunters do (talking split)This year is a wild card if you want to call it that because of the week in between the first week of gun season and the week of Thanksgiving. It won't be there next year but it'll be there in 6 more years.

·
Registered
19,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you take the split out this year you have just increased the gun season length by ten days knowing full well that they are/will take those ten days off the end.
Efan, you not increasing anything, you are simply moving a week up, where it used to be, and putting it in the rut where it used to be. I think the ideal here is, the fact we have taken a week out of the main rut and put it in Dec. Its all the same amount of days.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Efan, you not increasing anything, you are simply moving a week up, where it used to be, and putting it in the rut where it used to be. I think the ideal here is, the fact we have taken a week out of the main rut and put it in Dec. Its all the same amount of days.
Exactly.......and don't think it will stop here either..:rolleyes:
This ain't Scientific Rocket stuff.:wink:

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
but you guys now how some get greedy with it and that's what I'm saying you want it put back but most will still want it to end and think that it should still end on the regular weekend in december

·
Registered
19,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok I got what your saying. You think folks would think they would be shorted the next 5 years cause this year is the only year it falls like a 10 day split with thanksgiven being on the 27th and not the 22nd. I see what your saying, but most hunters I know count the days and weekends and they know. But I can see what your saying now.

One thing is they have to remember is they would be hunting more in Nov and not expect to see the days in Dec.

Another thing is they could make the change just for this year and go back to normal next. The days are always moving around, not much but some.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I like the split. It gives me an excuse to duck hunt! However, rifle season usually hits the rut or post rut pretty close in my area so, I think the split may short us on hunting the rut. I probably wouldn't be offended if they changed it.

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
I would like to see it start a week later with no split. I think that would more likely get it in the rut. Of course that would have worked this year, but might not next.

I wouldn't mind seeing it split up into some 3 or 4 day weekends maybe Fridays through Mondays. Seems kinda' pointless having days that only about 10% of the people can hunt on unless they take vacation time.

·
Registered
Marlin .308 Bolt and Compound Bow ..
6,006 Posts
I like the split it gives me time to regroup ... and then go at it AGAIN for another week...

·
Grand Member
13,092 Posts
I can remember when the gun season opened the second Monday in Nov. and ended Sat. 6 days and if we were lucky a Monday till Sat. hunt in mid-Dec, but not always. No muzzleloader hunt and there weren't a handful of folks bow hunt'n back then The 6 days in Nov. was "DEER SEASON" up here in the hills, and if you were really lucky and hunted hard you might actually see a deer.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I hunt both in the south in zone 12 and in the north in zone 2, when I can. The split works in my faver. I can hunt during the split down south and then up north when the season comes back in.But it really doesn't matter to me. Does anyone know where the proposed south boundery of zone 2 is going to be moved to?

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
I like the split, as like others here I too am a shift worker, so it does seem to help me out. I also notice with the split, that the deer seem to settle down before it opens back up. I know ehat Efan is saying, but I just wish they would find a way to make the split every year. Also, the split gives me time to move some stands around without having to worry about distubing others out hunting.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts