Do you know people who don't hunt?

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by 10pointman, Jan 2, 2011.

1. 10pointman

10pointman Waterfowl forum Sheriff<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Co Staff Member

This is'nt a nonhunter bashing thread.But anyway I work with some guys that don't hunt.They think hunters should kill something every time that we go hunting,Otherwise,Why do we go hunting? LOL Its funny to me how they don't understand hunting.I know they have never hunted,But its still odd the looks and questions I get from them when i tell them that i did'nt see anything or nothing that I wanted to shoot.

They always ask for some meat too,I tell them where they can buy a license.And some public land they can hunt on.
    I don't hunt so I can give the meat away to you,Get out and do it yourself.I have given them some a time or two.I thought it might help get them into hunting but it has'nt worked yet.I've even offered to take them,but they declined.:shrug:

2. There are a lot of people on here that think they should see something everytime they go hunting.......:rolleyes::fit:
    Yes I know some........I ignore them for the most part..:fit:

3. BigAl

BigAl Member

I use to work with a guy that didnt hunt and said he never will as long as they sale meat at the store. To each his own.

4. 10pointman

Lets say I take off work for a few days to go hunting.When I come back to work,They think i should have killed my limit of deer or ducks or a turkey or two.:fit::fit:

5. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I work with several that are like that lord help me:rolleyes:

6. 10pointman

They actually think that its all about the killing.Thats just a bonus.:thumb:

7. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    If you don't you are hunting in the wrong places.

8. 10pointman

Yep,Thats what it is.:fit:

9. I had a house full of non-hunters even a few anti-hunters yesterday.. Makes for a looonnnngggg day.. Spent almost an hour putting guns up out of site (their afraid one of the guns is going to jump up and start shooting folks on its own).. :smack:

10. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    I have a sis in law that thinks like that. She says that it's because of people like me that own guns that the crime is so bad. :fit:

She thinks that if we'd all turn in our guns, there would be no more crime and everyone would sit around the campfire, hold hands and sing kum-by-ya... :rolleyes:

11. I wouldn't have out them up because they don't like them.......I would have put them up because I wouldn't want those idiots that close to my iron!!!!

12. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

I do. I respect them, same as they respect me. No problem here.:up:

13. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Darn skippy:clap:

I had one of my coworkers ask me the other day, "been hunting? I said yep been up since 4:30, coworker really? kill any? I said nope didn't see a thing, coworker what did you go for then? I said nothing better than getting up early, and being close to mother nature and freezing your azz off:up: He said I just don't understand, I said you probably never will so quit asking me about it:biggrin:

14. We may have some of the same kinfolks.. Sister in law that lives closest to us says she'll just come borrow one of my guns if she needs one..:smack: The ones that drove me nuts yesterday were the ones with the diaper on their lap dog..:skeptical: They couldn't understand how we could make my son's lab pup live outside and how cruel that was.. I had to go take a nap way before they all left..

15. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    My SIL is afraid to touch one. Don't have to worry about her borrowing one. She thinks it terrible that I carry a Glock 21 45ACP in the truck when I visit them in LR. :fit:

:fit:

16. 10pointman

:fit::fit::fit: Thats just Crazy!!!

17. 10, I've never heard my son say a bad word but when they came in he took one look and said "what the he!!".. I just shook my head and laughed..:fit:

18. 10pointman

I would've said more than that.Something like:

Dang!! Thats a ugly kid!! Is it yours?:fit::fit:

19. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

Yep every body i hunt with is the same way. Heck i have killed 3 deer this year, and they still give me heck because i hunt so much and still got 2 tags left:smack: Always asking me to bring um some also, i have brought some for a few of them but most of them i just tell um to go hunting on there own

20. Big E

Big E Well-Known Member

when one of the ex wives liberal friends would come over i would make sure and have a few guns out and standing in the corners just to get a rise out of them. they couldnt believe i killed poor helpless animals.