Do not buy.........

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by woodsnwater, Dec 21, 2010.

1. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Do not buy the StealthCam/The Unit IR 8.0... I got it for Christmas and when I seen the brand I was kinda skeptic. Did fine out in yard. Took good pics of me. Set it out and just checked it today. Batteries dead and no pics. Corn almost gone:mad:... I originally want a Moultrie. She paid like $149 for it. A waste. Taking it back to Academy Thursday after the movie and get this one. It had better reviews.
    [​IMG]

2. woodsnwater

OOPS! here it is:[​IMG]

3. SARAH

SARAH Well-Known Member

Dang man that sucks. Saw your other thread bout getting it, I know you were excited what a let down:down: Oh well at least you can get the one ya want Thurs!

4. y hunt

y hunt Super Moderator Staff Member

Woodsnwater
    I am so upset I missed Christmas. You have already received your gift and returned it. What are you going to do on the 25th?

5. Ive got the Moultrie D55IR and I like it so far as does the dirtbags in Bluff City that stole my other one. It takes good pics and video.

6. mudcat71726

mudcat71726 Well-Known Member

Having moved to within 2 miles of Bluff city I soon discovered that anything left in the woods was taken as a donation:smack:

7. RAZOR_DEER

RAZOR_DEER Well-Known Member

You probably have a bad taste in your mouth about stealth cam but the 540ir is a great camera. It will run about a month + on a single set of batteries and the video is quite good. I have several of them. I have had one go bad on me and some of them are at least 4 years old. Academy has them on sale right now for $99.00.

You cant go wrong with Moultrie though.

8. 4hunting

4hunting Well-Known Member

Take a look at the DLC Covert II Assassin before you buy one. We have tried them all & this is the best one I have ever used. Must be good cause this is the one that everyone else compaires their to & is trying to copy as in Bushnell Trophy Cam & others! Saw where they have them on sale for $179 on their site, just $30 more than you paid for a lot less!

9. NWA Bowhntr

NWA Bowhntr Well-Known Member

I too have a DLC Covert camera, and it is a great little cam!! It runs off of 8 AA batteries, and last forever! I have no complaints out of mine!

10. woodsnwater

I am gonna gamble and get the Moultrie. Has good reviews and a few friends has them and really likes them. They have them at Academy where this one came from. If it don't do it then I'll try another.

11. woodsnwater

We do ours early every other year due to my 13 year old don't live with us. Next year we will have it normal.:up:

12. My mother bought one last year and hers is doing the same thing. I thought that she had just bought a bad one.

13. AfterLife

AfterLife Sponsor<br>www.AboveAndBelowOutdoors.com

just got me one of those moultrie 55ir's
    hadnt tried it yet though.

14. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I have a stealthcam IR50 and the battery life is great in it, takes great quality pics:up:

Here's a few pics from it:up:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Razrback

Razrback Well-Known Member

Game Camera

I have the Moultrie D55IR it's ok for the money but the one thing I hate about Moultrie's is the clock will never stay set. It will lose time everytime I put it out and its not just this camera I have owned a few Moultries over the years and the same problem with all of them.

16. woodsnwater

Yea, a friend told me this as well. Time is key to use it to determine deer movement.

17. dirtdart

dirtdart Well-Known Member

I learned the lesson the hard way also....I bought four of them from a online supply house. They are worthless. I thought my brother just didn't read the directions properly or something. What pictures he did get were of tails...some with nothing...I have 300lb feeders...show up..no feed on the ground and no pictures.

I'll make an attempt to get my money back....but I'll doubt I'll ever see it. Four cameras about nine pictures all year. I use to get over 30 a day from each camera with my old Moultries.

18. HeberHunter

HeberHunter Well-Known Member

that camera takes great pics! You should change the batteries and try it first.

19. bigangrychicken

bigangrychicken Well-Known Member

I had a BUNCH of cameras, and the truth is--they're alot like guns---some of 'em are great and some are lemons--regardless of brand.

I pick cameras, now, based on which companies make it right when you do get a lemon.

20. AfterLife

AfterLife Sponsor<br>www.AboveAndBelowOutdoors.com

ok, i am going to put mine out today to try it out and see what i get