Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most people are focusing on deer right now, but I was curious what people's experience has been with dove decoys. I had some luck hunting doves this year, but it didn't really seem that they were coming in to land near my mojo spinning decoys. If anything, they landed everywhere EXCEPT where the decoys were.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes they do, mojo during the first season work well, the migratories tend to shy away from them later in the year.
Nothing substitutes for good camo and no movement though.
I hear you on the no movement thing. I'm fairly new to it, and I have been amazed at how quickly they veer off as soon as I stand up and start raising my gun.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I know most people are focusing on deer right now, but I was curious what people's experience has been with dove decoys. I had some luck hunting doves this year, but it didn't really seem that they were coming in to land near my mojo spinning decoys. If anything, they landed everywhere EXCEPT where the decoys were.
Any thoughts?
I look forward to dove season all the time. It is my favorite time of the year. I will say this… dove decoys DO work. I have used dove decoys in the past… two things that I have recently purchased have put more birds on the grill for me… a MOJO VOODOO and a roosting tree. The flickering action from the VOODOO makes all the difference when coaxing a dove to come in. The dove roost tree gets that motion off of the ground and in the air. It puts it closer to eye-level for the dove. Links will be below if I can find them… also, BPS and Cabelas has a good deal on a 6-pack of dove decoys that I used this year… great deal.

Voodoo:https://www.amazon.com/Mojo-Outdoor...5,B001COT0OA,B001NLCKCQ,B07QR747V6,B001HRXUN4

Roosting tree:Game Winner® 8' Dove Roost | Academy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts