Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
I used herculiner on my front deck and floor and it held up great for the 2 seasons I ran the boat before selling it. Thinned it out with some xylene and rolled it on

·
Registered
616 Posts
I sprayed my boat with Raptor Liner. It has proven to be very durable and has held paint very well. I got my kit off of ebay but when I was buying my boat paint at Sherwin Williams Industrial store in Little Rock I saw that they had the Raptor Liner. I believe they supply it to Metro Camo.

·
Registered
694 Posts
also, just in case you might not have known, metro sprays liner as well, you could always designate how you want it done and let gene spray and paint, 2 birds...one stone...less mess

·
Registered
616 Posts
That liner gets a little expensive if you have someone do it for you. I think Gene gets $400 to do liner. If I remember correctly I paid $120 for the Raptor kit which came with everything you need including the spray gun. I painted my boat myself but even if I hadn't it would have been worth saving $280 to spray the liner myself. It wouldn't be worth the savings for some people. The liner was really easy to apply. It took the same prep work I was already doing for the paint and I just did a little masking with news paper on the outside of the boat. Once you start spraying you can do the whole inside of the boat in 30 minutes to an hour.

·
Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>http://www.facebook.com
107 Posts
I don't use Raptor liner anymore. I use SuperLiner bed liner now. It's what they use at Excel, Edge and In the Havoc from what I've been told. I also charge $250 for one gallon and 325 for 2 gallons if you want it thicker. If anyone has any questions just call me. If I don't answer just leave a message. I may b on duty at the fire station and I will return your call. 501-472-6578. Thanks

·
Registered
616 Posts
Gene those prices seem pretty good for Super Liner. I know of several people using Super Liner and have heard good things. I looked back and my old quote from you for Raptor Liner and it was $300 instead of $400. Sorry about that. Thanks for giving the updated pricing. $250 for liner would be worth it to me to save the trouble if I was already having you paint my rig.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
how does liners or do liners help against heat....weighing options between a liner and then between hydroturf or carpet
Yes the bed liner helps with heat. You can fish an aluminum rig in August and it will be warm vs dangerous hot.

For a pure fishing rig a carpet product would be better, but the liner is mud friendly for a hard use boat.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Isnt Lakesport the ol Rivertrail in Clinton?....Which is now Excel?....Lakesport was a good boat hated to see it go
Yes, that is a Clinton boat. Probably one of the last before the tornado. It looks like an excel but the hull is the same as the lakesport console boats. Def a comfort over performance rig.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Yes, that is a Clinton boat. Probably one of the last before the tornado. It looks like an excel but the hull is the same as the lakesport console boats. Def a comfort over performance rig.
no lie, friend of mine had one...heavy duty boat...not made for nascar turns.....but I agree was well laid out, excellent little fishing rig as well

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I'd let Gene spray one in. Save you some time and prep. Plus, you won't have to worry a/b a learning curve. He's done enough to know just a/b what he's doing sometimes... on a Tuesday... a sunny Tuesday. :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
no lie, friend of mine had one...heavy duty boat...not made for nascar turns.....but I agree was well laid out, excellent little fishing rig as well
Plans are for that one to get a cmc and 4 blade prop....... it'll tote a big load then.

Not a nimble rig, but it'll float in a damp spot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts