Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been wanting some AR500 targets but got to thinking, would old disk blades work at long distances? I would think fragible bullets like Vmax's prolly wouldn't shoot through them at 200+ yds. Prolly could weld 2-3 thick if need be. Anyone tried this?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Have you priced a sheet of AR500 by chance? The local steel yard hear doesn't carry it but they have AR400. It's $509 a sheet and was wondering the price difference between the two.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you priced a sheet of AR500 by chance? The local steel yard hear doesn't carry it but they have AR400. It's $509 a sheet and was wondering the price difference between the two.
I think I'll go with disk blades first. I can pick them out of the scrap piles for free.:up:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Disc blade will work well enough but will dent up. A levee plow blade is quite a bit thicker and will not dent up. However it is much heavier to carry. That is my experience anyway shooting them with .308 at 400-800 yds.

·
Registered
514 Posts
If they don't work let me know what you are looking for and I'll get you a quote on AR500 targets. I'm planning on picking up literally a ton of it next week.

·
Premium Member
2,808 Posts
seen a pic of a guy using them one time & he was welding a piece on them . like a 4" x4" X3/4 behind center hole

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Anybody know a place a guy could pick up a couple of old discs? I need one for a 100 yard target for .22lr and another for the bottom of another project I am working on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts