Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last weekend we got hit at our lease for the second time down in Union county- They went thru and broke up several feeders- just ripped the guts apart- then they shot windows out of a stand and shot it up pretty good- cut locks off a few campers and ramsacked em! Anyone see anybody down there selling a Stil chainsaw with a 36 in bar we had ours stolen! We have set up some things in a effort to catch em and when we do- not sure if we will call authorities or not- I vote we bury em down in the slough with just their heads sticking up-pour corn all around em and then pour molasses on there heads- we will let the hogs, moccasins and skeeters decide there punishment!:cool:

·
Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne
5,314 Posts
Piece of @#$% !! That crap happens to us in the summer when teenagers (we think) and four wheelers are on the loose. Nothing makes me mader then senseless destruction. I was a young once as well, but never got a thrill out of tearing stuff up.

One ladder and feeder missing this summer for us as well.

Take care Bubba, call me later this week !

Gentry

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,488 Posts
Well last weekend we got hit at our lease for the second time down in Union county- They went thru and broke up several feeders- just ripped the guts apart- then they shot windows out of a stand and shot it up pretty good- cut locks off a few campers and ramsacked em! Anyone see anybody down there selling a Stil chainsaw with a 36 in bar we had ours stolen! We have set up some things in a effort to catch em and when we do- not sure if we will call authorities or not- I vote we bury em down in the slough with just their heads sticking up-pour corn all around em and then pour molasses on there heads- we will let the hogs, moccasins and skeeters decide there punishment!:cool:
Hi Buba! Naw...burry them down there with just their feet sticking up!:wink:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Bubba,

Where is your camp located.... PM me the info if you want... I live in EL Dorado, and I realize Union County is good size, but it might make a difference on where stolen items are taken to sell them...

I can try to check the pawn shops periodically. Have you contacted any of them yet? If so which ones?

I'll help if I can...

MET

·
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Micheal we are north of New London- aint checked any pawn shops yet- we think some of the destruction is coming from a couple of folks we caught last year poaching deer off our lease sad part on that was these 2 dudes had a lease next to ours but they chose to spotlight on us- I heard their fines were around a grand for the 14 deer they poached! But without proof what do you do! Maybe we will get lucky and catch a few of em!

·
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Piece of @#$% !! That crap happens to us in the summer when teenagers (we think) and four wheelers are on the loose. Nothing makes me mader then senseless destruction. I was a young once as well, but never got a thrill out of tearing stuff up.

One ladder and feeder missing this summer for us as well.

Take care Bubba, call me later this week !

Gentry
Hey bud- how are ya doing? I am up in Kansas City playing the Sam's game- you know all about that I bet!! I heard thru the wife you did pretty good at a bow shoot the other week, also heard you saved a fellow member some serious bucks on a bow purchase as well:up:I am still thinking about getting me one- all it takes is time and money and right now I am short on both! I do have a project for you though the FIL needs a new scope for his rifle and he needs it set up as well- he is short on time to but I will yell at you on that later

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Micheal we are north of New London- aint checked any pawn shops yet- we think some of the destruction is coming from a couple of folks we caught last year poaching deer off our lease sad part on that was these 2 dudes had a lease next to ours but they chose to spotlight on us- I heard their fines were around a grand for the 14 deer they poached! But without proof what do you do! Maybe we will get lucky and catch a few of em!

North of New London leaves the door kind of wide open as to where they might go to sell a chain saw.... that is IF they sold it... some folks keep the stuff. But I will keep my eyes open around here.

And just my opinion, but, 1000.00 doesn't seem like much for 14 deer..... Maybe 1000.00 / deer = 14,000.00 .... I like this figure better..... Guess you can tell I don't like theves or poachers...

God Bless

MET

·
Registered
11,266 Posts
Dang Buba,
You stay gone for a couple of months and then come in here talking about sorry low lifes. I hate to hear about them tearing up your lease again. I'll be on the lookout for the saw. Maybe they headed north with the thing.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I know & work with a guy in lease at New London & he told me about some idiots ( in their lease ) getting busted last year for killing way to many deer..The lowlifes you're speaking of wouldn't happen to have been from Louisiana would they ?? I won't see him again until Monday & I'm not gonna promise you anything,,but I'll ask him about the aholes that we talked about,,maybe I can get a tidbit of info that just might help..I hate a :censored: thief,, of game or personal property..Hope you catch the scumbags & feed em to the hogs...:mad:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Let me know if catch em, I'll hang a stand. I love me some hog hunting, I'll pee on their heads while I'm up there :biggrin:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Also in Union county, not too far from New London...The thievery is becomong rediculous here. Young boys staying has been stilling gas from boats, gas cans, and just lately a go-cart, that a single dad was fixin it up for his kids. What's the world coming to?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Kind of like i told the deputy, that if i caught the kids stealing from me..i was going to put the belt back where it belonged...:head: what were they going to do..call the law and tell them they got their butt whipped for attempting to steal.... i think not

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Also in Union county, not too far from New London...The thievery is becomong rediculous here. Young boys staying has been stilling gas from boats, gas cans, and just lately a go-cart, that a single dad was fixin it up for his kids. What's the world coming to?
Mix a gas can half and half with water and gas what ever they are pooring it into wont run very long.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.