Different looking deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bett_lou, Jan 7, 2008.

1. bett_lou

bett_lou Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer

My daughter and her boyfriend invited our cousin and his girlfriend to come and hunt. Amy shot this 8 point. The biggest for her so far. But look at the black on his face. I think it is the coolest looking deer ever.

[​IMG]

2. turkeyhunter

turkeyhunter Premium Member<br>2006 Turkey Team Contest Winner<

Bett, will you be my girl friend? I won't tell my wife.........:wink: :thumb:

3. bett_lou

Turkeyhunter, my boyfriend made me pass up that buck daugher's boyfriend shot because he had seen one bigger than that at the same stand. They got a pettin zoo.

4. fredbearbowhunter

fredbearbowhunter Well-Known Member

Might be a fella that was in his prime. I've seen a few in Louisiana like that.

5. bett_lou

I've never seen one like this in my whole life.

6. Gary R

Gary R Well-Known Member

See Bett, that's what happens when you let the Arkansas boys come down here and hunt. They go out and get a hoss, and think it is so easy. Let them go a month without seeing any deer and see what they say. I would have let the lead fly.........

7. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

My friends and I camp in the Ouachita Mtns near lake Winona and we actually saw a few deer that had that black on their face on opening morning.

8. Manybeards

Manybeards Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20

Congrats to the young lady :thumb: I think that dark color is contributed to a high amount of melinism (not sure how to spell it).

9. Down on the White

Down on the White Well-Known Member

Congrats to the young lady.:wink: