Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed a different smell when I shoot 17 mach2 Remington Premier17gr. Does'nt even smell like gunpowder.What do yall make of it?

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The first time I shot them, I thought what is that smell....Then i realized it was the gunpowder.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
It should say on your box. What ammo are you shooting? I shoot some Eley primmed stuff and it has a different smell to it.

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked and it does'nt say.I was wondering if anyone else had noticed it.

Remington ammo{top}

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
I had a feeling I knew what ammo you were going to mention as soon as I read the title of the thread.

The Remingtons are Eley primed.
I've never shot the Remingtons but have shot a few boxes of Eley mach 2 ammo and just recently purchased a case.
They certainly have a different smell.

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a feeling I knew what ammo you were going to mention as soon as I read the title of the thread.

The Remingtons are Eley primed.
I've never shot the Remingtons but have shot a few boxes of Eley mach 2 ammo and just recently purchased a case.
They certainly have a different smell.
Yea, kinda wierd at first.Makes you go.....Dang what is that?

·
Administrator
81,471 Posts
Different powders can have a different smell.

You should smell some of the Russian crap that I shoot through the AK. :smack:

·
Premium Member
14,530 Posts
It is like the difference between Remington and Federal shotgun shells. I believe I could easily identify all three major manufactures by just the smell of a spent shell.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
It is like the difference between Remington and Federal shotgun shells. I believe I could easily identify all three major manufactures by just the smell of a spent shell.
Really? It's been so long since I've shot anything besides Federal/Estate that I wouldn't have a clue if other brands smelled any different.

·
Premium Member
14,530 Posts
Huge difference in all three shotgun powders. You wouldn't have any trouble at all smelling the difference.

Almost as different as shooting Wolf vs. Remington in pistols.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Eley and Aguilla .22s smell a different than what I'm used to. They stink but accuracy is excellent so I put up with the smell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts