Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it got better... My heads light went out on my 4 wheeler this morning about half way in the 2 mile ride, so I had to get my big flashlight out and flashlight my way in. Got to where i was going to park and was gettin' all my stuff together and realized I had put my release in my other Scent Lok suit Wednesday night. :smack: So I flashlight my way back to my truck and considered not going back over there but it was a stand I had not been to other than to make sure it was there. I flashlight my way back to the stand and got settled in. Right at 7 a small 8 pt comes slipping by about 10 yds and not longer after he was gone a flock of 5 hens came b-boopin' by I got drawn back but of course they saw me and spooked I picked one at 30 and shot, I hit a dead limb about half way to it and missed by 6 foot. Once they were out of sight I dug the Yellow Yelper 3 reed 2 cutt out of my bag and started some lost calls. I had give up on them when I saw a couple young bucks come out, they were right under me when I heard the turkeys coming. Pretty sure it was not the same group because now there was 8 sets of eyes. As I was thinking about moving :smack: :smack: they spook and started away, only problem was this time one of them stopped about 40 and I drilled her... She folded up like a broke lawn chair then started rolling and I mean rolling then got up and shot out of there :eek: I got down and jumped her up and she ran about 75 yds and I watched her go back down, I put the african death stalk on her and poked her again.. :up:

Kids thought it was pretty neat :biggrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.