Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been invited to shoot in an IDPA match. Never done that before. I know there is a classification round I have to shoot. I wanted to go do that today just so I would have an idea of what it would be like at the event. I downloaded the directions & set up & it was off to the range.

I didn't have a shot timer so I just tried to go as fast as I could & still remember what the directions were. Looking forward to the upcoming shoot.

Architecture

Wall Architecture Floor

Art

Wall Art
Wall Cardboard Architecture Art
Wall Cardboard Paper Paper product Art

Attachments

·
Administrator
87,966 Posts
Any trigger time is good time. I have shot USPSA since the mid 80's. We have people in our club that say "I'm not good enough to shoot a pistol match". My reply is that if I was shooting to win I would have quit after the first match. I shoot to have fun and to be around guys with similar shooting interests, not to win.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking forward to the IDPA match at CASA tomorrow. According to their web site there is no IDPA match tomorrow. I did find another match near Hot Springs so I've been getting all my stuff ready to go. I thought the entry fee covered me shooting but I missed the part about having to pay $40 to join IDPA. I mistakenly thought I could show up, pay my $15 as a range guest and shoot. To bad I'd have to drive so far to shoot in an event or I'd pull the trigger on a membership. If there was something closer I believe I'd do it. At least I found out about this tonight instead of after such a long drive for nada.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I was looking forward to the IDPA match at CASA tomorrow. According to their web site there is no IDPA match tomorrow. I did find another match near Hot Springs so I've been getting all my stuff ready to go. I thought the entry fee covered me shooting but I missed the part about having to pay $40 to join IDPA. I mistakenly thought I could show up, pay my $15 as a range guest and shoot. To bad I'd have to drive so far to shoot in an event or I'd pull the trigger on a membership. If there was something closer I believe I'd do it. At least I found out about this tonight instead of after such a long drive for nada.
CASA shoots the third Saturday of the month. You do not, I repeat do not have to be a member of idpa to shoot in a match. Casa does not post the match on their site until about 5 days or so before the match.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This comes from the IDPA web site.

9.8.1 Only current IDPA-affiliated clubs may run Classifiers and only current IDPA members may shoot the
Classifier. New shooters that have applied for IDPA membership, but do not yet have an IDPA number
may shoot the Classifier and the results will be held by the Match Director until the shooter receives a
membership card.

From my understanding the first thing I have to do is to shoot the classifier to establish my peer group. Unless I'm reading it wrong I'd have to be a member of IDPA to shoot the match.

I got the date wrong for sure. So I could be wrong about this too. The CASA web page has several IDPA matches showing but they are not the classifier. The earliest classifier I remember seeing on their calendar was for Dec 2016.

No sweat. If it happens it happens. Sure was nice to be invited and I thank you for that. So from what I am hearing I can still shoot but I guess it would just be for fun thanks to CASA it just will not count for IDPA.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,527 Posts
I miss it bad. I qualified Pistol Marksman w/the 1911 .45 auto in service, and didn't get the chance to better my score before I was deployed. Sure was fun.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
You do not have to be classified to shoot. You do not have to be a member to shoot a match. You shoot the match as unclassified. If you want to shoot above a regular monthly match then you must be a member and be classified. Been doing this a while.

·
Administrator
87,966 Posts
We shoot USPSA at our club here in Jonesboro. We shoot a monthly classifier and everyone shoots the classifier because it counts in the overall score. Only USPSA members scores are sent in the the national headquarters for classification. Everyone shoots all stages though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.