Dicks Sporting Goods anti 2A I will never shop there!!!!!

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by alexanderg23, Dec 18, 2012.

1. alexanderg23

alexanderg23 Well-Known Member

NWA
    Let's let them know how sportsmen feel about this, and show them this thread!

2. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

Looks like the 40 minute drive to Dick's will be replaced by a 50 minute drive to Academy. I won't step foot in there again.

3. JB Weld

JB Weld Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That is very disappointing. It does not surprise me, but it is not surprising.

4. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

5. alexanderg23

NWA
    Their facebook is being lit up right now...

6. buckhorn

buckhorn Well-Known Member

We have a Dick's in Hot Springs and the only more worthless sporting goods store, as far as hunting and fishing, that I know is wal-mart.
    Dick's end of season clearance is the only time I see the need to venture in. I wish we could replace ours with a Academy.

I will send them a e-mail though.

7. stealthycat

if 50,000 people emails and said hey, that $100 I was going to spend for Christmas at Dicks is now being spent at Gander Mtn or Cabela's or Bass Pro .... that's what is going to make the difference guys

8. Veo

Veo Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner

Totally agree, I just sent them an email. And be civial about it but get your point accross, don't let them think you are some idiot going off on a rant.

9. Terrym72

Terrym72 Well-Known Member

I cant get Buds gun shop to pull up on internet either anyone else having issues with it ?

10. alexanderg23

NWA
    swamped..

11. sam

sam Grand Member

I sent an email and posted on their facebook page. The facebook is running about even on remarks pro and con on the subject.

A couple of weeks ago I was in one of their stores looking for some ammo. The shelf that the centerfire rifle ammo was on had the boxes arranged in an almost unsearchable order, looked almost random. I asked the manager of the department about it and he said the layout was dictated by corporate headquarters, it was to discourage sales. He said they sent a layout map that showed how and where to place each box and each caliber. He said they didn't make enough profit on ammo and didn't want to give up an inch more shelf space for it than they had to, but they knew they had to sell some or there would be unhappy customers. So they displayed in a manner to discourage sales, but show they carried ammo for the guns they sold. Made absolutely no sense to me.

12. bgkv77

bgkv77 Well-Known Member

Sent mine too.

13. stealthycat

not in my nature today ....... they won't respond to civil and common sense, they MIGHT respond to threat and boycott's and lost revenue

maybe

14. Veo

Oh I told them I'd never spend a dime, etc, etc, etc. I just didn't capatlize everything and cuss and throw crazy sayings out there. I fully got my point accross, but did it in a manor that they would believe I actually am a well educated man with money to spend that will no longer be spent at their store.

15. RC

RC Well-Known Member

I seen on the news Walmart has suspended sales too.

16. Veo

The people that own Bushmaster also put them up for sale.

17. sam

sam Grand Member

Walmart only pulled the listing for the Bushmaster rifles off it's web site, the article title makes you think they stopped sales, but when you read it they only pulled the listing off the web. I know I was in the Walmart in Clinton yesterday and they sold 3 while I was there.

18. luckless

luckless Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner

Sent mine. Told them I thought it was a cowardly move on their part and myself, my family, and any other friend or individual would never step foot in or spend another dime at any dick's location. I told them I would only shop at places that respected and fully stood behind my 2nd amendment rights and that I'd be more than happy to drive the extra distance to academy or any other sporting good store to spend my money.