Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our lease in Perryville will probably need a few additional members this year. We have 2319 acres that borders the city limits of Perryville. Our dues last year were $350 each, but depending on commitments, it may be higher.

It is a Deltic Timber lease and we practice QDMA. We weigh our deer and pull jawbones each year.

If you are interested, please send me a PM and I'll get back with you. I check the site every day.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We had about 32-33 members last year, but some are riding the fence on me this year. I'll know more about how many new members we'll need after our meeting Tuesday night. Let me know if you're interested.

We killed 4 gobblers this year and 4 last year. The turkey population has been down a bit over the past several years. 3-4 years ago, there were alot more turkeys up there. With the poor mast crop last year, they changed range somewhat, but I still heard a few.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
How bad is the trespassing? I was in a club in the vicinity a couple of years ago and had a huge problem with people trespassing, stealing stands, feeders and such.

What percentage of the members are turkey hunters? I don't deer hunt in that area.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We've got an issue on the south side off of Hwy 60, some dog runners let them out during muzzleloading. Even bordering the city limits, the land is private, so trespassing hasn't been an issue. The city has really clamped down on people around the watershed, Perryville's water supply, so again it's helped keep some out.

No theft problems of stands or feeders. Loggers coming in and cutting new areas are the only times something has happened to stands or feeders. A few members have been upset at them, but those guys are just doing their job. They don't have time to care for and move them.

I'd say out of 32 members, probably 12 turkey hunted it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.