deer zone quota question

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by hunter34, Dec 19, 2010.

1. hunter34

hunter34 Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

I have killed 2 deer in zone 9.I have a trip planned for the christmas hunt in zone 12 which is a 5 deer zone.if i kill 1 deer in zone 12 can i come back too zone 9 and still kill my other deer with a bow or am i done in zone 9.:head:

2. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

You can only kill 3 deer total in Deer zone 9. So if you have killed 2 deer in zone 9, and only kill 1 in zone 12, you can only come back to zone 9 and get 1 more deer. You would have to go to another zone for the 5th deer.

3. THExONE

THExONE Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting

You can kill 5 statewide as long as you don't kill more than you are allowed in any given zone. So for example I can kill 3 in zone one then go to zone 2 and kill 2 more to reach my statewide quota of 5. You do not have to be in a zone that allows 5 deer to kill your 4th and 5th deer.

Hope that helps.

Also WMA's are seperate zones so you could be in zone 1 and kill 3 but then go to a WMA within zone 1 and kill 2 more.

4. hunter34

hunter34 Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

thanks guys thats what i thought just didnt want too kill one in zone 12 then come back too zone nine and hunt unless it was legal:thumb: