Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night was the 2nd deer my brother James has hit in the last 6 months. :mad: The first one he hit was on his motorcycle, which was worse than this, but he's ok which is important.:thumb: We joke around with him sometimes that he seems to kill more deer when he's driving than when he's hunting. Here is a pic of his truck after the deer...

I don't know about anywhere else, but here in Perry County, it seems that the deer population has exploded recently. I have seen more deer in the last 2-3 years than in the past 7. I don't know what makes those deer want to jump out in front of an object running 60 mph, but it can do some damage.:confused:

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
i hit two in three weeks during the fall of '06. i bought a brush guard for my truck ($375) because i bought two grilles for my truck ($300 used) and didn't want to buy another. never hit another since.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Been there done that. Happened to me last year. I hit one in July totaled it out bought it back fixed it and then u guessed it hit another one in November so i got my money that time and sold it and bought me a 4x4 GMC Crew Cab truck!!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had one run into the side of my trailer on the way home from a hunt in Evening Shade last year. I had my 10 yr old nephew with me that was bummed that we didn't see a deer on the stand. I told him to keep his head up cause we might see some on the drive home. We did.:smack: Got some deer meatwithout burning a tag though. Just a trailer fender.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts