Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where I might find a box stand made of pipe. I know there is someone in Cabot but I wrote the # down wrong. Anybody know the guy south of Pine Bluff on Hwy 79. Thanks in advance:thumb:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
There is a guy just north of Sheridan that has them. He welds them with Galvanized pipe. I have bought from him and the stands hold up really well. There was a thread in the classified section ..... I will try to find it and copy the shortcut here.

MET

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I had to go back to my photobucket archive to get the info ... Not sure if the prices have changed since the date of the pics.... you can contact him to find out, he is a nice guy and would not mind the inquiry....hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Standard is 12 feet to the floor... I asked them to make mine 15 feet to the floor and they did.... no problem. the box adds something like 6' 6" for a total on mine of 21 1/2'. Height is listed on the price sheet in the 1st pic. They now offer 15' heights standard too.

Standard 12' floor would be 18 1/2' total.

and 600 for a box or 600 for a box on a 14 ' tower ?? 600 for a poly box with windows on a 14 ' tower is not bad at all .... cheaper than most like that. If it is only on an 7 1/2 ' or 8 ' tower, thats not very tall.... I personally like to be higher than that. But it is not a terrible deal. Some boxes are 600.00 by themselves.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the help. MichaelT. i talked to folks in sheridan and will probably pick one up from him. Prices have gone up about $20 but I don't think thats to bad. It would be hard for me to buy the pipe and weld it myself for what I can buy one from him for.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
No problem .... glad to help. Like I said, I really like the one's I got from him. I have been using them for about 4 years and it is in great shape. I made the sides out of 5/8 plywood and the roof and floor out of 3/4 plywood. Cut out the windows and put camo material in the windows with spaces to see and shoot.... works great. Oh yeah, I got a carpet reminant piece and cut it to fit the floor..... I have a propane heater in it, but it has to get real cold out for me to fire it up.

God Bless

MET

·
Registered
267 Posts
There is a guy in Prattsville that has built deer stands for years. His name is Dick Allen. He is right on Hwy. 270 and always has plenty to choose from.

The man south of Pine Bluff is Mr. Wagnon, who lives down Hwy. 79 South. I don't know if he is still making deer stands though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.