Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's hear some deer snorting stories. Heres one that happened to me: I was on an evening hunt last year and knew for a fact I was the only hunter within at least a half mile in every direction. I start hearing deer blowing probably 100-200 yards away. I knew there was no way they were blowing at me because I had scentlok on and scent killer spray and all that. I keep hearing them snort and it seems to be getting closer. They quit and about a minute after the last deer blows I hear something coming from the direction they had been blowing and along comes a bobcat. He comes right under my stand and I let him have it with a 125 grain Thunderhead. Over the years I have heard deer snort and knew at times they weren't snorting at another human and wondered what it was that was spooking them. I figured coyotes or dogs but I never figured they would perceive a bobcat as a threat. Now I know different.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Bobcats will take small ,injured, or sick Deer. I've seen videos of them attacking Deer. When I had a bunch of Deer in a pen ,even a house cat walking outside the fence would alarm the does. Their hair bristled up , stomped feet, and snorted at them.:fit:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.