Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member<br>2010 Turkey Contest Winner
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this skull today in a creek about 80 yards from one of my bow stands. About 3 inches of both main beams were sticking out of the water.

·
Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
1,937 Posts
European mount

Maybe you could go back and root around for the nose bones. Once you boil and bleach the head, you can glue them back on. That's what works for me.

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
That's a nice one.Always heard deer will try to go to water after being shot.But could have died from other causes.

·
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a nice one.Always heard deer will try to go to water after being shot.But could have died from other causes.
All that I saw was the skull with one vertibray (sp?) still attatched. It was right next to a hog waller and I didn't dig around much so there is no telling what happened to him. It could have been washed down the creek for all I know.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Looks like that one I gimped up on the opener with my rifle! Thanks for finding him! LOL! :rolleyes: The one I shot wasn't that wide but, he wasn't far from there. Looks like we need to be walking the creek banks scouting for turkeys and shed hunting.

·
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
have you seen this deer before while hunting?
Nope.....I didn't even have a picture of a legal buck back there. One reason may be becaues I didn't put my camera out until after gun season closed.

I forgot to metion that he is about 18 in. wide.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts