Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When does everyone start seeing the most deer movement from the stand? I usually see the most during the first week or so of the season but it's done died off for me. I'll usually hunt a permit hunt here and there but still don't see anything. Then once duck season opens I usually only hunt evenings. Still don't ever see anything. If you seen areas I hunt you would think that's impossible but it's not. I guess all the deer are nocturnal around here or I'm just set up to far from the bedding area. Which I'm surrounded by CRP fields. When do y'all kill most of the deer?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I personally hunt the thickest stuff I can find when they start getting like that. Mid day hunts close to bedding areas can produce on pressured deer as well. Yes even when it's hot. But to answer your question I probably kill the most around December.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I see deer all the time oct thru late dec but there is a lull in nov seems like. My suggestion would be for you to move around some. Could be totally nocturnal or just not doing what you think they are. I have had ur problem and thought I knew what there were doing but after moving over a ways found what they were actually doing. It will make sense when you find em but until you do sometimes its hard to make sense out of it if u follow me. Kind of like problem solving...the obvious isnt always the cause and the cause can be hard to figure out but once u do its an aha! Moment and all the sudden What didnt make much sense before makes perfect sense. Acorns vs none years or persimmons vs none years or pressured areas one year but not the next can keep u guessing year to year too.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I put a camera up to catch whatever comes in the area and when the acorn first started falling I was getting bucks on it and now it seems the hogs have taken over. If I could only show you where I hunt them you would completely agree with where I'm at but nothing ever seems to come out on me. Happened all last year also. I'm starting to hate it cause it's wasting my money with nothing to show for it. The deer trails I'm on is surrounded by CRP and hardwoods beside a pond and persimmon thickets that is completely loaded. Still nothing to come by. Idk what I'm doing wrong
that's the trails I'm on, which there is a lot more but I can see all of them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.