deer movement picking back up?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by gotyacovered, Dec 15, 2010.

1. gotyacovered

gotyacovered Well-Known Member

hunted last night, saw a really good buck, was my 5th encounter with him this season. he got within 80 yards. he was actually checking some does :head: he wasn't being aggressive and did more grazing than anything

also saw a smaller 3.5 yo deer and about 15 does, the does were in groups and moving slow, grazing the whole time

anyone else seeing more movement the last few days?

2. I did not really even see any deer untill the past week. So I have to say it has picked up here lately, atleast for me.

3. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

I hope it's picking back up. It's been slow for me the past few times I've been out. The wind was blowing hard last weekend. Hoping this coming weekend will be better.

4. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member

I would say it is picking up some, but the deer have grouped up. So now, instead of one or two scattered here and there, you have to be in the right place for 8 or 10 to come by. Pretty much a wash for me.

5. my brother texted me this morning saying he saw 3 different bucks and 2 sets of does and lil ones.

6. mb1991

mb1991 Well-Known Member

The last two weeks I have been getting several day time pictures. Two different legal bucks. Two weeks ago they running together, and I had a group of four does running together. Last week one of those bucks had paired up with one of the does and was chasing her around like crazy. Seen him cross road after her last friday night. then I went hunting last saturday morning between rain storms, when I came out of the woods at the house there they stood feeding in my front yard:mad: That night I was heading home and about 150 yards in front of my driveway the deer jumps out in front of me. CAmo truck 1-buck0 :rolleyes: He was a nice 8 point... I do believe it has picked up around zone 8a lately.

Attached Files:

7. don't know but what I do know..

is deer need food to keep themselves warm...stomach acts like a furnace in the winter time....acorns are high in carbs but they need lots of them to fuel the flames so to speak...acorns are running out in places and they are looking for other food sources and will hit them hard.....got some real cold days ahead best to look around clear cuts and pine thickets if no food plots around or anything green and vining or oaks still dropping acorns:thumb:...hope I make the right assumptions while hunting this weekend...:fit:

8. gregrn43

gregrn43 Well-Known Member

NEA
    Wished it would pick up in my area, went yesterday afternoon and didnt see a thang. Checked my 4 game cams and still getting lots of pics at night and a few daytime does, but no bucks except at night. This has been one tough year for me.

9. NWA Bowhntr

NWA Bowhntr Well-Known Member

I hope to slip out this afternoon to see what is going on in my area. I have one more buck tag and a doe tag to fill, I am NOT going to be picky. If a doe comes by she is going to get shot at!:thumb:

10. gotyacovered

my plans exactly

11. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

Seems to be picking up in our neck of the woods. I had a lot of daylight pics this past week (mostly does).

12. diggercat

diggercat Well-Known Member

I saw around 40 on the way to work this morning. There was 5 bucks among them. But none of the better bucks I was seeing in september.

13. gotyacovered

i hunted a loc on last night that i had not seen a deer off of in 5 hunts, and saw 2 doe. i would say now is the time they will start hitting the corn, and i am almost to that point!

14. nemhsiri

nemhsiri Well-Known Member

I was pouring a driveway at Valley View Sub in Farmington and seen 5 doe at 7:30... every one of them pretty good sized, then about 5 mins later there was a really wide tall racked buck that came out and followed them off. That buck was a stud, and right there on the golf course in Farmington.... it sure was fun to watch though!!:clap:

15. knighten

knighten Well-Known Member

I saw 3 doe and a little 6 point bedded down 40 yards from me for an hour.He sure was watching them does.I grunted and bleated at him and he just moved his ears around .He ran off when my buddy climbed down and walked over by me.