Deer hunters (Attention)

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by plumber, Nov 29, 2012.

1. plumber

plumber Well-Known Member

YELL
    You need too be in the stand this afternoon. It is going too be on, full moon rises at 6 late this afternoon. I went yesterday and got in the stand at 4, and a little after 5 they started pouring out of the woods. I had ole Kingpin in the crosshairs once again and let him walk. I am checking my son out of school this afternoon, and going too let him put him down I hope. He will have a good chance in the youth part of the Arkansas Big Buck contest if he puts him down. It was hard not too put the hammer down on him, but really would like too see my son score if I can work it out that way. Thought I would share this info, so some of yall that have a chance wont miss out on that big buck you have been chasing this afternoon. Good Luck!!! :up:

2. BowHunter21

BowHunter21 Select Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Sheridan
    Sure wish I didn't work til 5!! Hope ur boy gets kingpin, good luck!!

3. x2

4. dkredman

dkredman Well-Known Member

Cabot
    I'll be in the woods, but sure would like to see your boy kill kingpin. Hope to see pictures soon!

5. superlows10

superlows10 Well-Known Member

I get off at 230 and will be in the stand by 300!!!

6. emerson

emerson Well-Known Member

Well I was planning on going this morning and didn't make it , Don't like hunting the afternoons because had to get out of the woods without getting busted . I got to go back to wook next week anyhow and I don't think I'll get any more days off till Christmas, maybe by then they will forgot about me .

7. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

I'll be in the stand around 1 today. Good luck fellas

8. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

I sat from 4:00pm till the moon was up yesterday, didn't see squat. But down here in Z12, there's been a veritable slaughter....seems like folks that normally go way off to hunt big bux, stayed home and hunted for meat here.:shrug:

9. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

X3 some people only think we're done at 3.

10. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

11. KemperCamper

KemperCamper Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

Well Darn It !
    What about tomorrow morning and afternoon ??????

12. plumber

YELL
    Well guys hope your day went as well as mine. My wife pulled my 13 year old son out of school at noon today and brought him too me. We got settled in around 3:30 and did not see a deer for the whole afternoon. My son told me that is his luck, he never sees deer when he goes. I explained that it happens within a blink of a eye, there is still a few more minutes of chance left in the hunt. Well just about at no light here Kingpin comes, I get my son positioned for the kill and he cant find him in his scope (The deer is only 25 yards away, and I am chewing off my nails by now). I tell him too quit looking for him in the scope and find him with his eyes first. Well it didnt take but a second and he is on the King. He tells me he has got him, and I say are you sure you can see the crosshairs and got a good shot. He pulls the trigger and the end too a great season that will forever be told in my years and his has been made. KINGPIN is down for good. With the full moon dancing off ole Kingpins horns, my son and me said a prayer of thanks for letting us share this unforgettable moment. Thanks for all that have followed and look forward too next season. PS if anybody would care too email me at [email protected] for the tailgate pic. I cant seem too get it on here through my email.

13. thumper113

thumper113 Well-Known Member

Just PM'd my number to you if you can text. If you can't, email is [email protected]. Get me tge pic and I'll post it.

14. dudeman

dudeman Well-Known Member

Congrats to you and your son!!!!

15. elevatorman

elevatorman Well-Known Member

The suspense is killing me!

16. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

17. Allen

Allen Well-Known Member

Could you tell much about the shot from ML season?

18. plumber

YELL
    Yes I still cant figure out how he was getting around. My shot from ML season hit his spine, as you can fill the hump in his spine were I hit him. It did not break the spine but sure did shift it over enough I would have been in a wheelchair. I still am scratching my head on how that deer was getting up and down the mountains. Thats mountain bucks for ya, tough as nails. The wound was oozing a little, but other than that he was in good shape, and sure was not slowed down by the shot early on. I will take some more pics with a better camera this morn, and will get a close up of the shot in ML season.

19. shiftymcfive01

shiftymcfive01 Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013