Deer Cheeseburger Chili

Discussion in 'Cooking, Grilling, BBQ, and Recipes' started by bhays, Jan 16, 2008.

1. bhays

bhays Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O

I tried a new recipe last night that I thought I'd share with you guys because it turned out great!!! I actually kind of made up my own recipe off of another (I never seem to follow them exactly, but make changes for the better I hope:biggrin: ). Anyway, the recipe called for bacon, but I'd ground up some of my deer meat into burger and added ground bacon, so I skipped that step. Here is the recipe I used as follows...Try it, I guarantee you'll like it!!!:thumb:

1 pound deer burger
    1 medium sized onion (I used a vidalia) (chopped finely)
    1 jar (16 oz.) chunky salsa
    1 package chili seasoning mix (I used McCormick's)
    1 14.5 oz. jar diced tomatoes undrained
    1 14.5 oz. jar beef broth
    1 cup smoky barbecue sauce
    1/4 cup mustard (I used honey mustard)
    1/2 lb. Velveeta cheese (cubed into chunks)
    garlic powder
    Cavender's
    Tony's
    (You can also add a can of kidney beans, etc., but my wife doesn't like beans, so I left that out)

Brown deer burger and onion in skillet and season with garlic powder, Tony's, and Cavender's. Dump the meat and onions into a pan and add the salsa, seasoning, diced tomatoes, broth, bbq, and mustard. Stir and let simmer for about 10 minutes, then add the cheese and stir it in until melted. Serve with tortilla chips. It is some good stuff, trust me... I'll be having left-overs for lunch today!:razz:

I'll add a few more of my favorite recipes today if I get a chance that I fix and seem to go over really well, even with those that don't usually go for venison.

2. bett_lou

bett_lou Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer

Keep 'em comin! Loved this one.

3. bhays

bhays Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O

Just finished up some left-overs... Mmmm....Mmmm.... I'm full now, just wish I wasn't at work b/c I could use a nap now!!!:biggrin: