Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the wide variety of deer carts out there and most are rated for 250-300 lbs. I came across something that looks like a really good deal to me and would be pretty versatile. Check this out...
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=2915
I like the the idea of being able to use it just for added cargo and locking it to the hitch while hunting and not have to worry about it getting stolen. It is rated for 500 lbs. and would be pretty useful around the house even hauling wood, etc. What do you guys think? Anybody have anything like this. It is cheaper than most actual deer carts, but has 20" tires also, so it looks good to me. I actually saw them on e-bay for 59.99 but shipping was 24.99. Harbor Freight is 69.99 with 8.99 shipping, so it comes out better... So, think it would be useful???

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
The only place you could use a cart like that is on flat ground. Here in the mountains of North Arkansas the high center of gravity on the cart in the picture, will not stay upright. It is also hard to get over obstructions. :thumb:

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
The cart has many other purposes besides carrying deer. Firewood,seed and about any other thing you can think of.

Those does were taken within 20 minutes with a muzzleloader. Last day and had tags,needed meat!

Only in south Arkansas:wink:

·
Registered
9,620 Posts
I've got one similar to SoarkRebels...........

it's just one of the yard carts ya pull behind your riding mower..........I added bigger tires, from the back of a riding mower, and it is great for hauling salt blocks, seed, firewood.........you name it............I have hauled one buck that went 222lbs..on the hoof with mine!!!!

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
I've got one similar to SoarkRebels...........

it's just one of the yard carts ya pull behind your riding mower..........I added bigger tires, from the back of a riding mower, and it is great for hauling salt blocks, seed, firewood.........you name it............I have hauled one buck that went 222lbs..on the hoof with mine!!!!
Thats all that one was.........a yard cart from sears. I ran the stock axles to death quick.
Stub axles and hubs ........and of course some new wheels. Some welding to silence the rattles and it has been a good one.
Got some 14 gauge steel to refloor the thing and some angle to beef it up.

Just replaced one set of bearings and gonna do the other soon.

The thing is the best thing a ATV'er can have ..........hands down!!

·
Registered
11,693 Posts
The only place you could use a cart like that is on flat ground. Here in the mountains of North Arkansas the high center of gravity on the cart in the picture, will not stay upright. It is also hard to get over obstructions. :thumb:

Not entirely true there. I've used one a lot like that and it made it over downed trees, stumps, in and out of ditches with no problem at all. It did have the platform even with the axle, so the center of gravity was lower, but the big wheels made it really easy to get over stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.