Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I scratched out a small hole, about a foot long and eight inches wide and about four inches deep, and poured a gallon of the pre-mixed stuff in it......came back a week later and the deer had dug out the hole twice as deep and half again as wide\long.

I've used the powder and the blocks before with good results, but never this quick....

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
I have found the blocks are the best to establish a site. Once the site is established then any of the other mixtures will work. The block is not effected by the soil type like the powder or liquid in establishing a location.

Also you will get more visitation to a site in the late winter and early spring. I keep my location stocked up year round. I have used 9 blocks, one bag of powder, and one jug of liquid this year so far maintianing the site.

·
Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
595 Posts
save your money a quart of rock salt does just as good,just pour it over a rotton stump pour water over it for a quit start,let the rain do the rest.takes a about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
What do you think about the bags of salt you can get at Culligans for a water softener?? I think it's a 50 pound bag and fairly cheap. Seems to me that if you dig that stuff into the ground it should be a fairly inexpensive way to go. I would still use corn and some sweet stuff in addition to the salt.

Cheers.....

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
re

i get cattle feed by the ton at my local co-op for 145 bux a ton i feed my cattle and horses w this its non medicated. i fill up my rhino with this feed from the bin and dump a rhino load 30 yards from my stand they tear it up, its cheap when its wet it stinks to high heaven and attracs them it has mollasses and corn chops and a pelleted feed in it i dont mess with the gallons of junk period!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,013 Posts
I have found the blocks are the best to establish a site. Once the site is established then any of the other mixtures will work. The block is not effected by the soil type like the powder or liquid in establishing a location.

Also you will get more visitation to a site in the late winter and early spring. I keep my location stocked up year round. I have used 9 blocks, one bag of powder, and one jug of liquid this year so far maintianing the site.
X2..exactly. I used the blocks to establish the site and now have a hole a foot or more deep and over 5ft. long!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.