Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a deer attractant made by acorn rage that got me thinking. It was about a 1/2 gallon plastic pail full of acorn rage and made into what looked like a great big piece of hard candy. I'm thinking about making one using sugar, molasses (instead of corn syrup) oat meal, corn and some rock salt. I figured I would dump it in a 2 gallon bucket I've got and stick 2x2 into the bucket with about a 4" lag bolt sticking out the end so I could screw it to a tree.

Think it would work?

· Registered
8,706 Posts
Do you have the GPS coords where you might put this attractant? :) I put out molasses every year, deer always tear it up. I also made my own one year, boil 2 pounds of sugar in water, and then some sure jell. I left it in the pot I had made it in, and the deer had moved the pot a good 30-40 feet from where I had set it the night before.

· Registered
3,390 Posts
Yall are makin me hungry! I tryed the same oats raisins peanuts and the apple juice concentrate at the grocery store frozen food section and they tore it plum to pieces. Next time I'm gona add peanut butter and a little bit of lead.............:biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.