deer are calming down

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by arkansas hilton, Jan 6, 2011.

1. arkansas hilton

arkansas hilton Well-Known Member

Bucks are starting to settle down and hit the feeders in daylight. Headed up to the camp this afternoon for 2 days of bowhunting and looking forward to it. anyone starting to get daylight activity.

2. the main area I hunt they are still pretty nocternal. But I have found a new area that when I went in for scouting I seen a lot of daytime activity. I am going there this afternoon as well. I will also be hitting it up for an allday event on saturday. I am hoping that you are right. If so I am ready for some action. :biggrin:

3. hogfan x

hogfan x Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble seeing deer during daylight right now. Seems activity picks up right after dark. Im hoping things change here shortly. :up:

4. GOBBLERSTOPPER

GOBBLERSTOPPER Well-Known Member

I have a buddy who has 4 cameras out at different location and he said he is getting late morning pictures, some of which were bucks!! I say if you have the time and patience just go and set all day if you have too. They might be out during the day in one area and not in another.. Good luck!!

5. IRONHIDE

IRONHIDE Well-Known Member

all nighttime for me! Cant catch a flippin deer in the day!

6. dsmtuner1

dsmtuner1 Well-Known Member

To be honest, I have seen a lot of deer this year.

More than half of them between 10-2.

7. Saw 3 bucks today about noon but I had just got off the stand and did a lil bit of driving around. We only have 700 acres. But it was nice seeing deer during the day

8. bowtime

bowtime Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2011-2012

Most of the daytime movement I am seeing is 4:30 p.m. till dark..

9. born2hunt

born2hunt Well-Known Member

I had a doe and fawn come by yesterday about 7:30 am. But they were anything but calm.

10. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Seeing a little movement right before dark. But, had a BIG slick head coming in a couple of days ago that was about to take one last trip - to the freezer, when I noticed shed spots on top of the head - both sides and pretty dang big.

11. well atleast you know where he is for next year.