Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where I lease it has been flooded most of hunting season. Now that the water has went down and there some land that drying out how long befor the deer come back? I am seeing tons of hog tracks. But don't think I'm seeing any deer tracks. There was some dry land when water was up but not much and I not seeing any feed as nuts. Someone give me your thinking on it, should I be out there or fishing wateing on next year.

· Registered
1,157 Posts
We had the same problem this year on our property; however, it did not stay flooded too long. 3-4 days tops, but it happened on 3 different occasions. And by flooded I mean everything was 8-10 feet under water, and after it receeded there were still large pools of water everywhere.

I ended up shooting a 10 pt. during rifle season and a doe during the late muzzle loading and both were in standing water. They came back to the area almost as soon as the water fell out. Not sure how long your area has been flooded but it didn't seem to bother them too much where we were at.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.