Deer activity at feeders?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by jeff stewart, Dec 26, 2010.

1. jeff stewart

jeff stewart Active Member

I hunt in a couple different spots. One in Northern Cross County and one in Southern Poinsett County. Until the last few days I have had almost no activity on my corn. But man it has really picked up! Anyone else noticing a change at their feeders?

2. Vetrock

Vetrock Well-Known Member

yep, the past few days i've gotten a lot of pictures.

3. Mine has picked up as well. I am assuming that most of the natural food is getting down to slim pickings. I know that most of the area that I hunt most of the natural food is dead.

4. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor

I would expect the feeders and foodplots to start getting hit pretty hard now. Like was said, the natural foods are about gone. With the rut over, the bucks should be turning their attention to their nutritional needs. And the doe should be looking to put on as much weight as possible now that they've been breed. And with these cold fronts hitting us every other day, I expect they are burning alot of reserves.

5. jeff stewart

It seems like they hit mine hard for a couple of days then they kinda lay off for a day or so. Who knows? Just when I think Im about to figure them out , they prove me wrong.:smack:

6. D

D Well-Known Member

I had 15 in one buch come to my feeder yesterday morning. Saw 27 deer total yesterday. All of them were coming to my feeder.

7. tatter

tatter Member

got a feeder for christmas and put it out immediately. how long does it usuall take for deer to find it and start using it. i spread some corn on the ground by the feeder and set it for 6 second 2x a day? never used one and any advise will be greatly appreciated.

8. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

I've had deer find my feeder in 2 days, and then others what seemed like 2 weeks. I thought I had deer corn yesterday, until I paid for it, it was deer protein pellets. I just hope the deer like it.

9. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

They have been one of my feeders every day in the daytime, but one of my others they aint hardly touching. There is still quite a few acorns by it and i figure they are picking them up.

10. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

I have poured corn out on the ground and had them find it that night. Then other times it seems like it sits there for 3 weeks before anything touches it. This time of year and if there is alot of deer movement through there, they will find it pretty soon

11. Guys this has worked for me.....take a bag and put it out where you what them to go, then take another bag,cut a small hole in the bag and make 2-3 30-40 yrd trails with that corn leading them to your corn pile/feeder. Improves the chance fast. Also doesnt hurt to put something out that smells good "peanut butter,apples, pears..ect" at your new site. On 10 mph evening they can smell the goods a 1/4 mile a way. This stuff has been effective for me.

12. RAZOR_DEER

RAZOR_DEER Well-Known Member

For the past 4 weeks I have gone through 400lbs a week with an average of 400 video's each week and not a single one of them in the day time.:banghead:

13. pyrohawg

pyrohawg Well-Known Member

NWA
    Not seeing alot of activity during the muzzleloading hunt here in NWA. I'm not near any fields and they seem to be using them alot this time of the year. During October and November, they are at my feeders all the time.

14. SR4

SR4 Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi

They've been hitting my feeders hard for a month. Alot of daylight activity. I haven't been in a few days, but I need to get back after 'em.

15. papagg2

papagg2 Well-Known Member

They've been hitting my feeder everyday all fall, so far I only have about 4 or 5 daytime pictures.:banghead:

16. jeff stewart

Same for me...... last week they were wearing mine out around 9-10 in the morning and again from 4:30 - dark. Now its back to midnight or later!:banghead:

17. jwalls

jwalls Member

wynne
    well we finally seen deer today!!!!! Six doe/ its looking up