Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you commissioners ever lurk on here then please refer to the Post called AGFC Poll here: http://www.arkansashunting.net/showthread.php?p=448970#post448970

I know that no agency can please everyone. But you are pleasing almost no one in the hunting community. Read the results of the poll!

Do something about this!

The anti-hunters, and bird watchers are tickled with you, and your liberal magazine, and nature centers. But the HUNTERS feel left out! There is a reason for this. Because they are left out.

Lets vote on that 1/8 cent tax again. How bout it?

·
Banned
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These are not my words. I found them on an old post on this site. But they sum up the way I feel.

"The AGFC splits equally 1/8th tax money with State Parks. Let State Parks take care of all the bird watchers, bike riders, hikers, and flower sniffers. All of these are allowed and encouraged in State Parks. But you know who's not allowed in a State Park? Hunters."

Very well said.

·
Administrator
90,592 Posts
Now why do you boys think the AGFC gives a rat's behind about you?? They suckered you into voting for the 1/8% tax, they could care less if you are happy or not. You still pay them every time you make a purchase in the state of Arkansas.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
You took a poll of 112 people from this site, 76 of which said that they were not satisied with the AGFC, and that is suposed to represent the majority of hunters in this state?

I'd go gather a leeetle bit more info before I try and throw that in the AGFC's face.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I'll bet this poll is about as accurate as the ones the commission does before they change the rules on us.
Total agreement...:clap:

and that is suposed to represent the majority of hunters in this state?
About as much, or more-so, than all the "yes" votes put up by the G&F people, themselves, who are members and most have not even posted...:head:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I voted satisfied on the poll, and I'm not an employee of AGFC.
The poll asked for a vote and not a comment.

Those of you who voted no, I have a question for you.
Have you ever tried hunting out of state?

Our experience trying to hunt in Illinois was a nightmare.

First we had to find a place we could hunt.
Then we had to buy License and tags, and a conservation fee, etc.etc. and get on the waiting list in June.
We were not drawn for tags and so they refunded our fees paid five months later.
In the meantime the money was tied up in their bureaucracy and not in our bank account.
It was such a hassle I doubt we will ever try again.

Here we can get our license over the counter, by mail, or online, and don't have to pay separate fees for tags and conservation fees, and we don't have to wait to get drawn for the privilege of hunting a deer on private land.
We can also hunt with archery equipment from Oct. thru Feb.

We really don't have it so bad.
It is sometimes hard to get drawn for a WMA permit, but all in all, I think we have it pretty darn good.
....popgun

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,047 Posts
You folks dont think they listen now wait until they get there Gas royalties and see how much they care about hunters!:smack: All in all they got some good folks trying to make things better Turkey huntin needs some seriuos help- our fisheries I think could use some help

·
Banned
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You folks dont think they listen now wait until they get there Gas royalties and see how much they care about hunters!:smack: All in all they got some good folks trying to make things better Turkey huntin needs some seriuos help- our fisheries I think could use some help
No doubt that they have good folks. Great folks actually.

The commissioners are the problem. Always have been.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No doubt that they have good folks. Great folks actually.

The commissioners are the problem. Always have been.
It's not just the commissioners. There's been a major movement at G&F over the past few years to hire non and anti hunters. What else can you expect when the head of the agency is a anti-hunter? The magazine editor has shown his anti-hunting bias by allowing anti-hunting wingnuts to use the magazine as a forum to spew their hate hunting message. The head of the Communications department doesn't hunt. The head of the Education department doesn't hunt. The non and anti hunting influence at the agency is growing every day and the commissioners choose to ignore it for reasons beyond comprehension. The commissioners are the main problem, but not THE problem.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
It's not just the commissioners. There's been a major movement at G&F over the past few years to hire non and anti hunters. What else can you expect when the head of the agency is a anti-hunter? The magazine editor has shown his anti-hunting bias by allowing anti-hunting wingnuts to use the magazine as a forum to spew their hate hunting message. The head of the Communications department doesn't hunt. The head of the Education department doesn't hunt. The non and anti hunting influence at the agency is growing every day and the commissioners choose to ignore it for reasons beyond comprehension. The commissioners are the main problem, but not THE problem.
Really glad YOU said that.....and not me.:up: (some three or four would rip me a new one):fit:

Wish I could truthfully say one of your assertions is not true....but with all information I have...I can't dispute you at all.

Wonder how many "biologists" are in the woods hunting each year ..vs.. how many are sitting it out wondering how to reduce the incursions of hunters onto their WMA's next year...

I was told this year that new biologists (mostly) have no interest in the hunting opportunities and focus only on the wildlife portion..
And I really believe them.

Chairman Varnell is a proven friend to us hunters.
Commissioner Black...likewise.
After next year (Commissioner Blacks last year) we may be in real dire straights as hunters.:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
15,003 Posts
There's been a major movement at G&F over the past few years to hire non and anti hunters. What else can you expect when the head of the agency is a anti-hunter? The magazine editor has shown his anti-hunting bias by allowing anti-hunting wingnuts to use the magazine as a forum to spew their hate hunting message. The head of the Communications department doesn't hunt. The head of the Education department doesn't hunt. The non and anti hunting influence at the agency is growing every day and the commissioners choose to ignore it for reasons beyond comprehension.
Im not gonna rip anybody a new one but those are some pretty strong statements to put on a message board with nothing to back it up.

What else can you expect when the head of the agency is a anti-hunter?
Are you talking about Scott Henderson?

What proof do you have that he is an anti hunter?

The magazine editor has shown his anti-hunting bias by allowing anti-hunting wingnuts to use the magazine as a forum to spew their hate hunting message.
I couldnt even tell you the magazine editor is but what examples are there to show that he is anti hunting?

The head of Communications and Education I have no idea about but as long as they just dont hunt but arent anti hunters I would think they could still do their job.

·
Administrator
15,003 Posts
OK, he let a letter to the editor from someone that doesnt like hunting but prefers watching wildlife in the magazine.

The magazine is Arkansas Wildlife, not Arkansas Hunting. I never really thought it was intended strictly for hunters in the first place but if Im wrong it wont be the first time.

What about the head of the agency being an anti hunter?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
MAGAZINE QUOTE:

Some of us don't see standing a mile away with a high-powered rifle & scope, killing deer for its horns as sport. You probably would have, had you lived in the Old West days, thought killing people for their scalp was sport.
I for one could care less how many turkey's rabbits and squirrels you have assassinated (I challenge you to look that word up in the dictionary; interesting definition).
My compliments to the editor for his kind response, showing a great deal of restraint.

Some of us readers are more interested in the welfare of the animals you leave alive. It might do you a great deal of good some time to take an unarmed trip through the woods. You may findthat animals have a great many more uses than just there for your killing pleasure. This may explain why there are bike & hiking trails.
If everyone shared your love of killing our wildlife, I'm afraid they would not last very long. If you are so disgusted with this magazine, I'm sure if you cancel, the editor would refund your money. If not, they can contact me and I will.

J.B. Bunger
Lakeview

Yep....guess you could say he "don't like hunting"...:banghead:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.