Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to the farm today and got started on some fencing. Talked to my Uncle up there and he said he has found three dead fawns this year. One of them was in the shop/tractor shed by the house? Looked like it had curled up beside the tractor tire and went to sleep, not a mark on it but it was stone cold dead. Ticks seem to be really bad this year, but don't know if they would kill a fawn or not. Hope we don't have a bunch die off, but if he found 3 it sure makes me wonder how many he did not find. Anyone else seeing this or have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Saw a rather young deer carcass by the road near our house today, but the cause of death was pretty clear. I'll ask the in-laws if they've seen this at the farm. The ticks have been pretty fierce, but could that be it??

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Two Young Dead Raccoons

Last week I was playing golf at Hindman GC in Little Rock and came across 2 dead young coons who were about 2 feet apart from one another. No visable marks on either one. I too have wondered what caused their death :confused:

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Deer don't know what "FORE!" means, obviously. :razz:
Well if these two coons were hit by a golf ball and it got 'em both that would be something. Probably some drunk ran over 'em with a golf cart. Seems like the Golf Course is a place where people get behind a wheel, get loaded on beer and scream and cuss and it's all perfectly normal :head: All most like going to a baseball game except the driving part but I guess that part takes place after the game :doh:

·
Registered
347 Posts
deer death

Found a dead doe by the barn this weekend. I considered it pretty unusual as normally I never find anyhting but bleached rib cages & skulls way back in the middle of a thicket. Unfortunatley, the buzzards had already started in so I dont know if died naturally or something like coyotes/wild dogs got it. On the flip side I have been seeing one heck of alot of bucks laterly still velvety.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,500 Posts
Well if these two coons were hit by a golf ball and it got 'em both that would be something. Probably some drunk ran over 'em with a golf cart. Seems like the Golf Course is a place where people get behind a wheel, get loaded on beer and scream and cuss and it's all perfectly normal :head: All most like going to a baseball game except the driving part but I guess that part takes place after the game :doh:
I only scream when I drive by that "T" on malvern avenue in Hot Springs: "Whomp it Uncle Jed"!:cool::razz::up:

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I only scream when I drive by that "T" on malvern avenue in Hot Springs: "Whomp it Uncle Jed"!:cool::razz::up:
I hope you are really kidding. When I play at Rebsamen GC in LR it never fails for some moron to come barreling down the road and he or his passenger screaming fore with every once of air they have in their lungs. Why they do that is beyond me but I have never seen it done by anyone over 20 years of age.:head:

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,500 Posts
I hope you are really kidding. When I play at Rebsamen GC in LR it never fails for some moron to come barreling down the road and he or his passenger screaming fore with every once of air they have in their lungs. Why they do that is beyond me but I have never seen it done by anyone over 20 years of age.:head:
And they only do it on your backswing:razz::fit:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.