Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went to my place in Smithville this past weekend to work on the house and disc up a new food plot. Made one round in the weeds and found a dead 6pt. I estimated at less than 24hrs dead. I looked him over really good, flipped him over on the other side, looking for bullet holes.. nothing. Only thing i found was a yellowish colored foam around his mouth and nose. Other than that he was a healthy looking deer. Very dissappointing as he would have been a trophy for one of the kids or wife. Any guesstimates as to the yellow foam? TD

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
That sucks! I saw two dead does on my way up Salado Mtn. (south of Batesville & near the rest area) this morning.
Could have been hit by a car......
There is no doubt that these two were. They probably wasn't 100'-150' apart. I'm not so sure that the second one that I saw hadn't been hit by a big rig it was messed up pretty bad. I've really been seeing alot of deer along the highways here lately, and they're pretty easy to spot with that orange brown looking coat that they have going on right now. It sure is making me ready for a cold day in November. :biggrin:

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,564 Posts
I know where a certain buck was found in the ditch...everytime someone walked up to it, the darn thing would jump up and stagger around foaming at the mouth....when the AGFC was notified they said: just shoot it and leave it lay. They came and got it and to this day I don't remember them coming back with a report.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah i wanted to call a GW and let them look at it, but have no phone service within 20 minutes of that area. Then, got to thinking that as warm as the weather was that any "sample" would be no good. Anyways, still pretty dissappointing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.