Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To say I'm stoked about the weather this morning would be an understatement. Yesterday I woke to 67°and 20 mph sustained winds and 40 mph gusts. This morning it's as calm as chong on qualludes, 49° and I can hear for miles. I heard one turkey yesterday and made good on it but I didn't get to experience what we all love about turkey hunting and that is listening to the woods wake on a spring morning and hearing multiple turkeys gobble in the distance. I'm going to try to capture some video today. I bought a contraption for my phone the hook to a tree. Probably unlikely but you just never know. Owls and coyotes have been at it for 45 minutes. I'm gonna start walking to a listening post in 10 minutes or so. On a side note, this place has been infested with hogs. My uncle has enlisted government trappers to come try to thin them out. I walked up on them in a draw yesterday at 60yds but the wind was at my back and they didn't hang around long. Will these hogs jack up the turkey population? Anyway, I'm gonna gear up and head out. I'll keep yall posted and try to get some pics and videos to post later.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hundreds of gobbles. 2 flew down off the roost and we're coming to me and a bobcat tried to eat them and they flew off and shut up. Went to another bird on the neighboring property, called him across the fence to my side and missed at 12yds. Choke too tight lol. Just got 2 to gobble at me. Made my way to about where they are and now they won't gobble. Setting up to make some calls. Got the decoy out. Gonna try to get some video. Amazing morning. Have heard 30 birds at least and 150 gobbles on the roost. Not much on the ground. Predators are thick. Heard the coyotes going crazy this morning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.