Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm probablly gonna get bashed for asking this so I guess I'll suck it up and go on. We are coming down to hunt next week and was wondering for a good starting place. I have a map that the agfc sent me showing the area. And i printed off topo maps. Is just upper and lower island,winchester and reyno the only woods flooded or is the whole area flooded I have went back reading the forums clear to the beginning and I understand the tires and windows deal but I would like to have an idea of where to start we dedicated a whole day to scouting. Also on the scouting so we don't mess anyone up we are going to wait till way after daylight and just look around in the boat. or should we try to find a hole no one is in then wait till 9 or 9:30 to scout. Could someone please point me in the right direction. I dont want any secret holes just a general area to start out at. Feel free to pm me. Thank you all in advance.

·
Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner
770 Posts
There will be someone in every hole on Winchester and Reyno...its public hunting though...just join in on the fun :up:

I wouldn't wait until aftershooting hours to start motoring around and trying to scout something out...that probably wouldn't make you very many friends.

·
Banned
225 Posts
why go scouting? just go jump in a hole and start hunting. i love it up there, the people are so nice and they even leave decoys out for you so you dont have to bring any. i will tell you where to start. TOO TALLS HOLE.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Man I was at henry gray a couple weekends ago and about 8:30 am there were a couple kids in a boat driving back and forth past us... They were probably 15-20 yards from us when they'd pass us finally I got tired of it and fired a round off when they got near... Not toward them of course, just wanted them to know we were there... They hadn't seen us... They stop the boat and start looking strait at me... Just sitting there, finally I move my arms around and one of em points at me and says "oh ****!"... Then the chubby kid yells "sorry"... It was somewhat funny, moral of the story... Wait a little later before you go motoring around, you may be right on top of someone and not know it..

·
Banned
6,919 Posts
You have picked the most overcrowded WMA in the state for ducks.

My advise would be to ask permission to hunt a flooded field in that area. If you approach a farmer, and maybe offer him a few dollars or offer to give him the ducks you kill, you can get permission to hunt a lot of times.

My Inlaws are farmers in Green County. I have hunted Black River and Im telling you. It aint worth it.

Find a field, get permission, and have a good hunt.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.