Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we tried my big Colt Peacemaker .22, but she said it was too heavy, so I dug out the Ruger Bearcat. What a difference that made!

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/seemorri/P1000664.jpg

I'd had it for years (inherited from dad) but never shot it. So the daughter is standing (not supported by a table like last time) and shot these groups right off the bat. The first one:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/seemorri/P1000669.jpg

The third group, improving, no?

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/seemorri/P1000668.jpg

She had a blast, I gotta take her more often.

·
Administrator
73,318 Posts
Congrats to the young lady sharpshooter!! We need as many youth as possible to get interested in the shooting sports. :thumb:

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
:woohoo: She's a natural! Congrats on raisin' her right!

.270Win

P.S.

Just a little FYI: If you'll copy the "IMG code" from photobucket, instead of the "Direct Link", or whatever link you're using, the photos will appear without having to click a link:

I'm not getting on to you brother, it's just that my mission this year is to educate everyone possible on how to post a picture the proper way! :thumb:

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
Like to see the little ones having fun like that.

BTW....I've looked at the groups she shot and I only have one question. Is she hiring out to give shootin lessons? :thumb:

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
.270, I can use all the help I can get--thanks for the pointer!

Oh, I forgot to mention, she just turned 9. She's used to shooting off of a rest on a table while sitting on a chair--this was the first time free-standing. The lighter Bearcat was just the ticket. She's got a little sister, so it's a good thing I got another Bearcat in the safe!

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
.270, I can use all the help I can get--thanks for the pointer!

Oh, I forgot to mention, she just turned 9. She's used to shooting off of a rest on a table while sitting on a chair--this was the first time free-standing. The lighter Bearcat was just the ticket. She's got a little sister, so it's a good thing I got another Bearcat in the safe!
No problem flint, glad to help. Can't wait to see pics her little sister doing the same thing! :thumb:

.270Win

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, y'all! I'm surprised nobody commented on the use of the realty sign for a target holder. Since the market cooled off, there are a lot of those signs floating around...:whistle:

They really work well, I may have to steal, uh, I mean, find some more!:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A couple of years ago, I sold my Ruger Bearcat for $300. :smack:

I sure wish I could get it back. :thumb:
As I mentioned, this was my first experience with the little 'cat, and it's just right for little hands. If an adult were to wear one on the hip (for snakes, as an example) it's so light you'd forget you had it on you. Now if it were stainless, it would be absolutely perfect!

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's priceless! Love to see the young'uns learning the shooting sport!
I do to!! Makes me smile just thinkin'a bout it...:biggrin:

My eldest has been super, good grades, superior attitude, excellent behavior--this is one of her rewards. Little sister, lets just say she could use a little work!! :eek:

Before every shooting session, I take Ashley aside and we have us a little "prayer meeting" where the saftey rules are recited--by her. She knows that if I get the impression that she isn't giving me and the gun her undivided attention, shooting stops pronto. Zero tolerance. So far, she's been great. Little sister hasn't developed that level of concentration, but we're working on it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts