Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Ehhh, it can be productive. Go behind the store across the highway and fish the dock at the slough.

You use to go across the river on Josies/Steakhouse side and walk that big black pipe and catch some sauger/saugeye. You may give it a shot.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
It's been probably more than 15 years ago but I was down there one time and this guy was catching stripers, I believe it was. Big ole fish whatever they were. He was using live bluegill.

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
You can find crappie in that slough. For every ten 9" crappie, you may catch an 11". It gets hit hard during yoyo season. If the river is barely flowing over those wing *****, you can catch a few crappie in the slack water.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
My girlfriend, her grandpa, and myself all went fishing from the dock at the slough a couple years ago. I never fished it, but he wasn't doing well and he wanted to go fishin so we did. She caught several crappie on jigs right in front of the ramp, on jigs. Her grandpa hung a 5 1/2 lb LMB but couldn't land it. About 15 or so minutes later he hung another one which was smaller but he didn't care, he was having the time of his senior life. I got a few bluegills but again, I didn't care...it wasn't for me, it was for her and her grandpa.

He passed away in his sleep 2 nights later.

was a gentleman that came to see us while her and I were on the sandbar and he said there are some walleye in there to be caught. I've never got any. Got a few smallmouth on the other side (the lock house side) and a few bluegills but I've only fished it twice in my life. I figure that gentleman may have been talking about the saugers-dunno. Didn't ask.

Few paddlefish below the dam too; or there "was". Word got out and the bowfishing crowd hit it hard for about 3 months and I've not seen much of them since. Fish might still be there, dunno, I ain't fished it in about a year.

I'd like to take my boat over there and put in above the dam but I have no clue where to go from there. Guess I'll have to find out.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
My girlfriend, her grandpa, and myself all went fishing from the dock at the slough a couple years ago. I never fished it, but he wasn't doing well and he wanted to go fishin so we did. She caught several crappie on jigs right in front of the ramp, on jigs. Her grandpa hung a 5 1/2 lb LMB but couldn't land it. About 15 or so minutes later he hung another one which was smaller but he didn't care, he was having the time of his senior life. I got a few bluegills but again, I didn't care...it wasn't for me, it was for her and her grandpa.

He passed away in his sleep 2 nights later.

was a gentleman that came to see us while her and I were on the sandbar and he said there are some walleye in there to be caught. I've never got any. Got a few smallmouth on the other side (the lock house side) and a few bluegills but I've only fished it twice in my life. I figure that gentleman may have been talking about the saugers-dunno. Didn't ask.

Few paddlefish below the dam too; or there "was". Word got out and the bowfishing crowd hit it hard for about 3 months and I've not seen much of them since. Fish might still be there, dunno, I ain't fished it in about a year.

I'd like to take my boat over there and put in above the dam but I have no clue where to go from there. Guess I'll have to find out.
You go about 2 miles and hit another dam….
The paddlefish run upstream in Spring and stack up early then head back out.
There are some monster walleye all through White river. There’s a fella that owns a battery shop that has several mounted well over 10lbs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts