Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m really pleased with this plot. It’s the best of my 5, probably because the hogs haven't found it. The turnips are doing better this year than they ever have.
Sky Plant Cloud Tree Natural landscape

Plant Flower Leaf vegetable Food Vegetable

The others aren’t more than a few inches high. They need rain.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Those turnips are actually doing better than the ones at the house. The wheat is doing good at home but the others goodies are struggling. It’s getting HEAVY browse pressure. I watched 16 in this field last Sunday, and that’s not counting any of the 5-6 bucks I get pics of at night.

Plant Tree Natural landscape Grass Groundcover

Plant Sky Plant community Cloud Ecoregion

Plant Nature Leaf Botany Tree

I just went back over the bare/ light spots a third time hoping to get it to fill out after the storms tonight.

·
Registered
29,887 Posts
Hmmmm. I smell a rat. There's not a single part of Dallas County that is THAT open, except for John Stile's pasture.

And the hogs have not found it???? Mercy. 500 zillion pictures since Sept 15, and I have pics of 2 deer, 1 coyote, 1 turkey, tiger tailed thingies that we can't spell here, and HOGS. We killed 4 with ML and 1 deer. I think the other deer left then.......apparently for your part of the county.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The first set of pics are Dallas county. The
second set I said were at my house. The turnips in Dallas County are doing better than the ones at the house. The hogs stay near the oaks. The 2 plots that they have found are on the edge of big cut overs with no oaks near by. I’m sure they will find them when the acorns are gone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.