Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
yes it is just like all public lands. it does get crowded. it does have some nice deer just like the rest but IMO the deer numbers are lower there than other places. better odds at other places to see better numbers of deer. I have hunted it four or five times and seen deer 2 x with shot opportunity at spike only.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have spent some LONG BORING days on the stand in Dagmar. Low deer numbers means several things, One is not as many deer seen from the stand another is fewer hunters. I have rarely seen an other hunter bowhunting after the first week. One more thing about it if you do see a buck he may just be a giant. I hunted a buck that I saw in Spetember one year, he was big enough to keep me trying after hunting him 19 days without seeing a buck. I hate how they just vanish like that. The bachelor group he was with had four bucks that would score over 130 and he was much larger than the 130ish nine point that was the smallest of the big ones.

Boom

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go to the last campground on the left. Look to the left end for a tractor road. Walk about 1.25 mile to the food plots. Good hunting!
are you talking about the one at the end of the road where you have to turn around by the lake??

or

are you talking about the last one on the left along the bayou right where the road turns east?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Camp

Talking about the last one on the left along the bayou right where the road turns east.

You can cut some yardage off by going to a food plot on the left past the campground and walk west across it and you'll see where others have gone in and intercepted the road.
You are not far from what locals know as Browns School house and some monsters have come out of the area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.